“If you can`t give this place top marks, you're hard to please - go stay in a tent then. First class hotel all round.”
Review of Park Hotel

Park Hotel
Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in Thurso
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 6, 2013 via mobile

Once again an excellent stay at The Park Hotel.

Let's make it simple.

Welcome - fantastic and even a wee nip to warm the cockles of your heart.
Room - clean, well appointed and spacious.
Food - excellent menu, curries are better than an Indian restaurant.
Staff - are the hotels biggest asset, very polite and knowledgeable.
Location - it is where it is, an ideal location with lots of free parking.

Cheers Sandra, hope you have a Goodyear...

• Stayed March 2013
2 Thank Scottex

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Reviewed March 3, 2013 via mobile

I stayed in one of the rooms outside the main building. It was clean and well equipped but only had a small bathroom with a shower. No problem but if you prefer a bath the internal rooms might suit better. My colleagues and I ate in the bar the first night but my steak was rather tasteless and not as good as other local steaks i have eaten in Caithness. I might have been unlucky but this was the same for my colleague who also opted for the steak. However the other 3 people in my party were happy with their meals. Sadly for the hotel ( which seemed to be very quiet for Dinner) the result of the poor steaks meant that for the remaining two nights of our trip we ate in other restaurants in Thurso and Scrabster, where my faith in Scottish beef was restored.
I have stayed at the Park before and probably will again, as on previous trips I have had much better meals. Maybe I was just unlucky that night.

Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed February 27, 2013 via mobile

I have just returned from a 2 night business trip and I stayed at this hotel. For the price I was expecting the equivalent of a premier inn but got much more. I was made to feel welcome soon as I arrived. The room was spacious, very clean with a decent bathroom. The shower was very powerful the bed extremely comfy. The good thing about the room was that the temperature of the room was easily controllable - so many hotel rooms are far too hot! There is free WIFI there'd too which is good. I ate there one evening and the meal was excellent, as was the service. Breakfast was cooked to order (although I only had continental, the cooked breakfasts looked good). The staff could advise me on local walks and places of interest and generally couldn't do enough to make my stay enjoyable. They also had a superb environmental policy - far better than that of any hotel I have ever stayed in! I would stay here again.

Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank FM100
Inverness
Reviewed February 24, 2013

Have mixed views about this hotel. Was at wedding dance there in 2012 and it was really good! Went to a function very recently and some of the staff really let it down. First impressions, little things like inexperienced young bar staff who did not know basic bar etiquette. However more disappointing was member of staff at reception, maybe Sandra ? who was just down right rude! Very unprofessional attitude with no desire to help with a query I had. Maybe my request was not possible, however manners and polite response cost nothing. In contrast, waitresses serving at function were very helpful and polite. Complacency may be the root of the problem. Food was nice :-)

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Didley46
Norwich, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 20, 2013

A one night stay touring northern Scotland. We slept in an annex behind the main building. The room was comfortable and was more than adequate for our needs for an overnight stay. The restaurant was not very busy and the food and service were excellent. The staff were very friendly and helpful. Good advice given about local sights - we would not have found Dunnet Head without it!
Located just out of the town centre but within easy walking distance.

Room Tip: The rooms in the main building are proably larger than the in the annex.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Harwell, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 13, 2013

Stayed for four nights. The room was very clean and tidy. I went with my one year old and husband and the staff were so friendly. They were especially good with my son they catered for his needs each night and understood when I requested to have his meals to come out before the adults main meals. The location was great and central and had a handy Tesco across the road for those baby essentials I forgot. The facilities were good and it was nice to have free WIFI.

Food was very good the only small criticism was the breakfast the hot choices were good but the cold choices were slightly limited. Overall a very good hotel and would visit again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Driffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 24, 2013

Stayed for one night, room clean and tidy, not the warmest room I've ever stayed in but it was minus 5 outside.
Evening meal was very good, breakfast too.
Food & drink prices i thought were pretty expensive but its a long way for the breweries to deliver i suppose.
The whole hotel seem to empty about 9pm (Went to bed I think) it was middle of January, very dark and cold, but there is a bar adjoining the hotel with pool, darts, TV etc.

The reception staff were very helpful, bar & restaraunt staff very friendly/chatty.

Would love to visit again in the SUMMER as it was bloody cold.

Room Tip: First Floor at the front were OK, the cottages at the rear were cold apparently (My colleague stayed...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business