“Excellent guest-house ideal for an 'urban detox'!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Chrialdon House

Chrialdon House
Ranked #1 of 11 Beauly B&B and Inns
Singapore
“Excellent guest-house ideal for an 'urban detox'!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2013

Isobel, the proprietress of Chrialdon House was right on her doorstep to welcome us warmly as we drove into her driveway. What a lovely and welcoming start to our short stay at this very charming guest-house, conveniently located on one end of the High Street in the pretty village of Beauly, about 20 or 25 minutes from the centre of Inverness on the tip of the Firth of Beauly.

Both our rooms were an absolute delight - and you know that Isobel has taken much care and effort to ensure that the wall art-pieces, carpets, throw rug and even the floral spray in the vase are all colour-coordinated.

Tea and coffee-making facilities were readily available in the room, with thoughtful chocolate and biscuit snacks. Bathrobes and slippers were also available for us to use - something you would only expect in 4-star city hotels.

We had a very comfortable two nights at this beautiful Victorian home which has been lovingly restored. Our cooked breakfast was delicious, especially with the grilled tomatoes on the vine, a very posh touch!

We will certainly return to stay if we ever visit this part of Scotland again, and I would highly recommend Chrialdon House to any one who needs an 'urban detox' in a very comfortable and good-value guest-house.

Thank you, Isobel!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Switzerland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2013

We recently stayed at this B&B while on vacation. This spacious old house is charming, the facilities are clean, and the location is excellent. Bea's tip: dinner at the nearby restaurant "Corner on the Square". We definitely recommend this B&B!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Warrington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2013

There is so much chose in Beauly, I'm glad we chose Chraldon House, its like staying with friends, Isobel couldn't be more welcoming. The room we stayed in was lovely, overlooking the garden at the rear. Great breakfast, different every day if you want, fresh fruit, what more could you ask for. Great value for money. If we ever go back to the highlands again, we would definately stay with Isobel and her family again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Manchester, UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2012

Isobel was away when I first tried to book our stay at Chrialdon and, despite lining up some first reserves in case she wasn't back in time for our trip, I persevered and was delighted to have done so!

Isobel is a great host and, being quiet in late October, gave us a choice of rooms. Our chosen room was large and warm with an enormous bed and a very large en-suite bathroom. Very comfortable!

Isobel's recommended places to visit and at which to eat were all first class - she should probably consider charging extra for her itinerary planning skills :-)

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Highlands
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2012

We spent 2 nights at Chrialdon House as part of a party of 7, attending a wedding nearby. Isobel welcomed us so warmly and was so helpful throughout our stay. We had the family room, double & single bed, wardrobe, drawers, side table & chairs. It was very spacious & bright. Tea, coffee, etc was all provided & a heater there if we were cold. Ensuite had toiletries & robes & slippers were provided. The sitting room at night was so welcoming and comfortable and breakfast both mornings was really good. Isobel also let us borrow an iron, a sporran(!) and was more than happy to allow us use of the sitting room in the morning to have make up done! Thanks - you made our weekend complete.

Room Tip: Managed a look at all the rooms and they were equally good
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Leeds, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2012

I stayed here for 2 nights whilst attending a wedding in the area. I flew into Inverness and Isobel had very kindly provided me with the number of a local taxi driver. I arrived fairly late (around 10.30pm) but Isobel was very welcoming from the moment I stepped through the door, she was happy to show me around and then led the way to my room. I was staying alone and was expecting a smallish room however I was very pleasantly surprised to be in a room with a lovely amount of space; my own coffee table and tea/coffee making facilites and a wonderfully comfortable double bed! Breakfast both mornings was delicious with both an assortment of fruit and a wide choice of cooked items at a time chosen by me. The house is stunning and very homely which made for a perfect stay, I would definitely reccommend this as a place to stay and hope to return again in the future. Thank you Isobel!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2012

I stayed at Chiraldon Guest House for 1 night in August 2012. On arrival I was met at the door by Isobel who showed me the facilites and took me to my room. The building is a beautifully restored "victorian" villa. The house has been well cared for and is in top condition. The rooms are nicely decorated, perfectly clean and well furnished. Breakfast was excellent and the staff friendly.

I will definitely stay there again the next time I am back in the area.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Beauly
Priory Hotel
#1 of 34 in Inverness
Bay Highland Hotel
Bay Highland Hotel
#1 of 7 in Strathpeffer

Been to Chrialdon House? Share your experiences!