“good pub food”

Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed March 15, 2013

This was not our first choice for eating but the other place was too busy and here was ok. The outside is not too inviting but the inside is quite cool with lots of decor and attempted humour with little dittys dotted around on the walls. We both plumped for the cajun chicken and it was delicious. I also had a nice cider but the name escapes me. They do huge puddings but as it was lunch time we declined. The 2 young waitresses were very friendly and cheery and we would return again

1  Thank BOBHAM5114

Reviewed March 12, 2013

Ate there to celebrate a friends birthday and were disappointed. The restaurant itself is very unique and not without its charm. I ordered the spaghetti bolognaise and it was disappointing. The pasta overlooked to mush and the sauce had an overpowering sweet taste. It was very strangely served covered in tortilla chips too which did nothing to complement the dish.

My friends steaks looked ok but one had to be returned as it was overlooked.

We did visit the downstairs bar too and it was a nice place for a beer

Reviewed March 10, 2013

We wanted a low key Mother's Day lunch and this is what we got. The service was four star a very friendly quick waitress served us a gorgeous lunch of beef burgers chips and salad the four of us cleaned our plates delicious. The food is good value, we will see you again well done

Reviewed March 7, 2013

Strange atmosphere with flashy lights and loud music. Not my scene. Probably suits young people.
I ordered a burger with cheese and garlic sauce. I couldnt detect the garlic sauce. The burger was highly ground and didnt look or taste like real meat. In the current climate of horse meat I was nervous. Salad supplied without french dressing.
Overall a poor experience not to be repeated.

1  Thank RL K
Reviewed February 21, 2013

Every time we visit aviemore we make a point of eating here at least once during the trip. We have been doing this for longer than I care to mention and the restaurant has never changed. The staff are always friendly and the food good value and great for family's and groups. The food while not Michelin is always good quality and you don't leave hungry. If you are then just have a pudding but beware they are big enough for 4!

2  Thank Ssk09