This is a lovely big cottage in a great location and perfect for a group - in our case two families of four. Some comments that may be helpful:
- location is about half a mile from Aviemore centre - 10mins walk or so from the Winking Owl pub and mountain cafe, a few minutes more from Tesco. Coop is 5 mins walk out of town on the dalfaber road and there's a small spar 2 mins walk away.
- It's on the main toad through town but set back...some modest traffic noise and late night chatter from teenagers in the bus shelter across the road one Saturday, but normally fine.
- there's a small garden at front and room to park 2-3 cars. There's also potential space for bikes (or skis or boards) outside in the back yard or for a few clean ones in the utility room inside the house.
-great kitchen / diner space with a double oven and hobs, a big dining table that fits 8 easily, modern fridge and freezer (even does ice for drinks). An inconspicuous TV in the corner and a mixed fuel stove.
- a darker, cosier room - feels more of a TV room or space for whisky and cards! A better fit for 5 or 6 than 8
- 4 bedrooms, all of medium to modest size, 1 ensuite. All fine and nice comfy beds, generally functional not special.
- loads of great places nearby - ski often open into April, mountain biking at Glenmore and Rothiemurchus and blue/red trails at Glenlivet, loads of walks and don't miss cakes in Aviemore mountain café!
A very spacious and comfortable cottage within a walking distance off the Aviemore main-shopping area and very close to local bus stops. Good for both the groups of hikers and the skiers/snowboarders, with plenty of room to dry clothes, 2 showers, a bath, 4 bedrooms for up to 8 people, huge kitchen and a very nice living room, both with fire-stoves for extra warmth and comfort. Also books, DVDs, tabletop games to spend an evening. And some very beautiful views from windows as well.
Been coming to Aviemore every winter for a few years now, for the mountain. Sadly, it was closed due to heavy snow and strong winds.
Thankfully, the cottage had everything to keep us very comfortable, and the area have plenty of "poor-weather walks" to occupy restless skiers/snowboarders with no mountain available.
First time staying at Glencanisp. Very probably, that will stay there again next year.
|How easy was it to book the property?||How helpful were the directions to the property?|
|How easy was key pickup/access to the property?||Overall condition of the property|
|Bedding & mattresses||Kitchen & utensils|
|Bathroom cleanliness||Other facilities & amenities|
|Friends getaway||Families with young children|