Open today: 9:30 AM - 5:30 PM

Recommended experiences in and around Aviemore
from $127.14
More Info
All reviews clay pigeon shooting quad biking farm shop fly fishing feed the fish beautiful estate pony trek great fun trout highland cows land rover red deer outdoor activities scones staff were very friendly lovely walk cake
Selected filters
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

This was an interesting outing where we were driven into fields and experience the highland cows up close and learnt a bit more about them.

Date of experience: August 2019
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Booked a clay shoot experience, myself and my husband have recently decided to take this up as a hobby and have had 3 lessons previously near home.
Thought we'd take the opportunity whilst on holiday to get some more practice in.
Our instructor Paul was great, as we've already been shooting a few times he didn't beat around the bush and got straight on with the lesson.
Paul helped both myself and my husband with our technique, even using a red eye dominance corrector for myself as I find it easier to shoot with one eye closed.
All in all a great experience that has helped us in our new hobby.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

My husband and I went Clay Shooting last week during our week long stay near Aviemore.
We weren’t sure what was involved so popped into the office the day before to make enquiries. Everyone in the room was welcoming and helpful, making jokes with us and encouraging a bit of “healthy competition” between us.
We booked for the following day and were taken out by Simon.
He was the most friendly and helpful instructor, taking his time to explain everything before demonstrating clearly how we should approach each shot.
My husband has previous experience with firearms and told me later that Simon’s instruction was better than some he had encountered in his professional life.
The afternoon was thoroughly enjoyable and we had a great time!
I had never handled a gun before this and even I managed to hit a few so I would encourage anyone considering Clay Shooting to give this experience a try.
Well worth the money and a fantastic afternoon!

Date of experience: August 2019
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I booked the advanced hack and had a great time. Super friendly staff, who clearly love the horses, beautiful scenery, great cantering and the Highland ponies were great. If you’ve never ridden them before ( which I hadn’t) they’re the equestrian version of tanks. Solid muscle, with a v comfortable gait.
Very friendly stable cat too!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

My husband and I took part in a guided quad bike trek with today and we absolutely loved every minute. Emma was an excellent guide; funny and very informative of the trek and the grounds itself. I had never been on a quad bike but Emma made me feel at ease and not at all a burden, and she even asked me to come up front for some part of the trip to help build my confidence up. There were plenty of stopping points and photo opportunities, which Emma gladly played photographer for. Going through the fields with the highland cows was a highlight, and we were able to get up close with some of the new baby calves, who were just weeks old. On the final part of the trip we were able to go through a stream which was hilarious, even if I did go at a snails pace! There is a safe space to lock valuables up, guarded was an adorable lab puppy. Because we were blessed with such gorgeous weather we embarked on a self guided walk to loch an eilean, which was equally stunning and really enjoyable (be warned, the guided information says that the blue trail is 3 miles but the reality is that it is closer to 6 miles and took around 2 and a half hours). We stopped in the farm shop which was lovely and well stocked, and picked up some meat and treats. I would not hesitate to recommend this, my only regret is that we dint have more time to explore more activities. Thank you Emma and Rothiemurchus!