Ravenscraig Guest House
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Cairngorm Hotel(Aviemore)
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
The Boat Hotel(Boat of Garten)
Fairwinds Hotel(Carrbridge)
Carrbridge Hotel(Carrbridge)
  • Restaurant
All reviewschalet roomb bthe main houselarge shower roomcreme fraicheporridgegreat showerski gearlog firebreakfast was deliciouschoice of cerealsrail stationanother guestfull scottish breakfasta great stayshort walksingle bed
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 22, 2012 via mobile

After staying under canvas for 2 nights, this guest house was a very welcome sight! We were shown to our chalet style room at the back of guest house. Room had double & single bed and was ensuite. Very clean room and spacious bathroom, white fluffy towels and bathrobe. Breakfast next morning was excellent. Usual choice of cereals and porridge then full Scottish cooked breakfast, piping hot! All in all a lovely guest house and highly recommended.

• Stayed: October 2012
Reviewed October 20, 2012

My husband and I stayed here for one night during our recent trip to Scotland. We managed to get the last room which was a double with a separate private bathroom.

Room was clean and tidy, although was fairly small. Bathroom was spotless and had a great shower. There is a lounge area you can use to sit and relax or read.

Breakfast was very good and the waiting staff were very friendly and helpful.

Location is good and within easy walking distance of the town.

Ample on-site parking.

Would recommend.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 6, 2012

Great location (walking minutes from the rail station), great service (super-nice staff, possibility to have breakfast earlier), great breakfast (porridge was awesome, fresh eggs from the hens in the garden!), great en-suite room (very quiet, comfortable bed, tea and coffee) and I like that they are eco-conscious.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 23, 2012

We got a really welcome here and were able tocheck in early (our train arrived just before midday). They were also great about letting us have breakfast early on the day we left so that we could get our early train. Our room was comfortable and clean and the breakfast was excellent including lots of things that are fairtrade. The B+B is an easy walk into town and gave us two good tips for eating - the Mountain Cafe and the Old Bridge Inn which are both excellent. Would stay here again. The Osprey Centre is well worth a visit and can be got to easily by bus.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 17, 2012

I stayed here on completion of my Speyside Way walk. The staff were excellent, especially the breakfast team-they could not have been more helpful and went about their business as though it was a pleasure to serve.
I also had a mishap in that I left my return train tickets in glasgow, but the owner allowed them to be posted up to the bnb and secured them for my arrival, thanks!
My room was en-suite, furnished well, and from the window I had a pleasant outlook onto the Cairngorms.
All in all a really nice venue and would stay there again.

Again, as I discovered with almost all the accommodations I stayed at, they agreed with me that the Waymarking on the Speyside Way is at times awful. The Rangers/Councils really shoud sort that out.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo