Cairngorm Hotel
Fairwinds Hotel(Carrbridge)
$117
Hotels.com
The Boat Hotel(Boat of Garten)
$111
$140
$145
$140
Carrbridge Hotel(Carrbridge)
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Restaurant
All reviewslively bartraditional hotelopposite the train stationgenerous portionsnon residentsfamily meallovely mealvenisonfriendly hotelpuddingvisiting aviemorean evening mealwaiting staffno liftbreakfast was excellentcairngormturret
Reviewed November 28, 2010

We love this hotel, admittedly we haven't stayed there yet but we will, however everytime we vist the area we go for eats and drinks and it never lets us down, the atmosphere, the food, the drink the whole package is highly recommeded!

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed November 26, 2010

I thoroughly enjoyed the experience staying at the Cairngorm. It's a charming castle-like place and the proprietor is friendly and available for discussion. Decorated in an old Scottish lodge style, the ambiance is appealing and enjoyable. Food was great and the pub had great local musicians several nights per week. This is the place to stay in Aviemore.....

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed November 15, 2010

We arrived at 10 pm to be made most welcome and given a nice room facing the mountains . The bathroom although smallish was more than adequate and the room itself though short of hanging space was clean and fresh . we should have been forewarned by the presence of a small electric heater on the floor because by about 4 am it was becoming distinctly chilly in bed but above the wardrobe were two extra duvets which soon warmed us up and sent us back to sleep. The breakfast in the lovely dining room with its freshly cleaned feeling ==especially tthe well hoovered carpet was one of the best -- smoked haddock give it a try -- served by an most friendly waitress. The receptionists on checkout asked where we were going next and made us feel as if they were really interested -- well done Cairngorm

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 1, 2010

This lovely independent hotel is just across the road from the train station and deservedly popular with locals as well as visitors from all over the world. The reception staff made me instantly welcome and I saw them providing helpful local knowledge to many people; the hotel is very involved with the local community and there is an emphasis on going out of their way both to help individual guests and to support local causes and charitable works. My room was on the first floor and had a huge double bed plus ensuite with bath and a small lounge area with a coffee table and armchair; there was a well stocked hospitality tray and plenty of electrical power points. The colour scheme was in keeping with the mountain village setting; rich, soothing greens, golds and purples. I had a very comfortable night's sleep and heard very little noise despite it being a busy Saturday night; I understand that the rooms at the front of the hotel can be more exposed to noise from the bar but the hotel website clearly states this and gives specific times by which live music etc will be finished. Breakfast was a wonderful selection of quality food, a generous portion of cooked items and toast with proper butter curls as well as lighter options of spreads provided and plenty of fresh coffee. As I checked out I was given practical advice on getting the best price for whenever they get to welcome me back again. I can guarantee that will come about as soon as I can make it! I chose it as a promising looking place to spend a much needed relaxing break and take advantage of the extra hour as the clocks went back; it was the right choice.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed August 31, 2010

We have just had a 2 night stay at the hotel for Thunder in the Glen. The stay was just perfect. Room ideal..food wonderful..staff amazing!! All-in-all a great weekend. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple