Cairngorm Hotel
Fairwinds Hotel(Carrbridge)
$117
Hotels.com
The Boat Hotel(Boat of Garten)
$111
  • Pool
$145
$140
Carrbridge Hotel(Carrbridge)
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Restaurant
All reviewslively bartraditional hotelopposite the train stationgenerous portionsnon residentsfamily meallovely mealvenisonfriendly hotelpuddingvisiting aviemorean evening mealwaiting staffno liftbreakfast was excellentcairngormturret
Reviewed August 25, 2014

I stayed at this hotel in for 3 nights in June 2014
Cost: £65per night.
Location: central - right opposite the train station
Parking: plenty of parking in the hotel car park
Staff: friendly but professional.

Room: my room was on the first floor at the end of the corridor (room 114 I think) at the back of the building, so no scenic views but easily accessible for me and my dog and very quiet which was ideal. It was small but very nicely decorated and comfortable (lovely thick, plush curtains and soft furnishings etc.) Shower was a bit outdated but it did the job and the water was hot. They also provide miniature toiletries
Food: breakfasts were AMAZING! I would stay again just for one of their breakfasts! But I couldn’t try the restaurant or the bar food for reasons which I’ll go on to explain.
Dog Friendliness: had I been staying here on my own I probably would have scored a 5 rather than a 4 because it really is a lovely hotel which I would/do recommend and would stay at again. However, travelling with a dog did mean that I was somewhat restricted - even at a 'dog friendly hotel'. My dog was only 13 months old at the time of our stay it was her first time away from home. She is crate trained but I discovered that she didn’t like being left in a strange room on her own so would bark when I tried to leave her to get food. This is not the hotels fault (obviously) but it had a big impact on my stay. Because of this, breakfast was the only meal I ate during my stay. How I coped with the situation doesn’t have any bearing on this review but had I been able to take her into the restaurant or bar area it would have greatly reduced my stress levels during my stay.

Room Tip: There are no lifts in this hotel so if you have any concerns about climbing flights of stairs I recommend you ask for a 1st floor room
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 16, 2014

Well situated in the centre of Aviemore the hotel has all the required facilities for a comfortable stay, although in need of refurbishment. Our twin room had a good shower, important for two wet hillwalkers. Dinner and breakfast are of a good standard. The restaurant does not take dinner reservations, but we were shown straight to a table at 8.00 pm on a Sunday, despite the hotel being very busy.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 13, 2014

We stayed in The Cairngorm Hotel in Aviemore for 2 nights, as a family of 4. We were given a family room at the 2nd floor, which looked like attic. Room was very small to take a double bed and another double/sofa bed for the kids. We could barely move around. Luckily we found excellent, hot, weather when we visited but that meant that the room was boiling and with no airconditioning we struggled to rest.

The lady at reception was helpful for any request, as were most of the people at the restaurant and the pub. Talking about pub, it is a great place to hang around after a day out. Good crowd, with a singer on one of the days made it feel all very welcoming.

Room Tip: There is no lift, and although the stairs are comfortable to use, this can be an issue for some. For us it was OK, even though the luggages were quite heavy to take up and down...but the receptionist kindly offered to get an employee to do this for us... so not an issue at all.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed August 11, 2014

We stayed at the Cairngorm Hotel for 1 night as part of a touring holiday in Scotland. The hotel is in an old grand building but is starting to show it's age and is perhaps due a refurbishment. Our room was large and comfortable albeit a little old fashioned. The staff - especially the lady on reception - were very friendly and helpful. Due a large lunch at the nearby Mountain Café, we had a light evening meal in the bar rather than in the restaurant, which was ok. Breakfast was huge; more than enough to set you up for the day! We did have a slight problem with our bill - with some errant restaurant meals booked to our room - but this was quickly sorted out with apologies from the reception staff. Well located for exploring Aviemore and the surrounding area.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank rhc71
Reviewed August 6, 2014

it was a wet and windy night so we went to the cairngorm for our evening meal we had not booked but were offered a table we must congratulate the staff for there quick service, the food was ok but when you see the volumes of people in the dining room against a comprehensive menu then you could appreciate your meal and quality. we would return possibly out of season when it is quieter and better weather

Room Tip: we only used the diningroom
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple