We stayed over the Easter break. The hotel was rather disappointing as it is just a collection of ugly concrete blocks lacking ambience with unimaginative landscaping. There is lots of parking and the hotel is a great location right on top of the town and within easy reach of Cairngorm - which had snow at the top for skiing/boarding!
We booked a twin & a double room at the Highlands "luxury" 4* hotel - it was far from luxury - just what would be considered as standard hotel accomodation, both were dusty and the twin room looked like a standard motorway hotel room. At breakfast in the Highlands there is a wide variety of food - Beware of the male chef cooking the eggs - he had a habit of being rather rude to guests! You have to wait ages to be served tea/coffee/toast etc at breakfast despite all the waiting staff rushing around at an incredible speed - you have to be careful of them not barging through you when you leave your table!
The facilites are great, swimming pool with wave machine and slide, beauty spa (the staff that did the beauty treatments were wonderful and provided a very high standard ) and a variety of places to eat - including coffee shops serving delicious hot chocolate and the most beautiful homemade cheesecakes!
We booked to eat at the Aspects Restaurant one evening - it was not fine dining and was not anything impressive, again lacking ambience - however in context the prices are reasonable.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This is one of three 4-star hotels located within Macdonald Aviemore Resort situated at the very heart of the Cairngorms National Park in the Scottish Highlands. This hotel is most popular with families who enjoy the special family rooms featuring special bunk rooms giving kids their own space within their parents room - a popular option with all family members! You'll find everything you need and more within the wider resort - luxury brand shopping, a cinema, top-class restaurants, state-of-the-art Aviemore Activity Centre, family activities, swimming pool - and for golfers, the Spey Valley Championship Golf Course. Recently voted one of the best in Scotland, this course boasts some of the most breathtaking views in the world. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Agoda, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your Macdonald Aviemore Hotel at Macdonald Aviemore Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Macdonald Aviemore Highland Hotel Aviemore
- Macdonald Aviemore Hotel At Macdonald Aviemore Resort Scotland