We have just returned today from Aviemore resort had a great time, the weather was fantastic. Happy enough with the price we paid booked the hotel during January sale on website roughly cost £260 but certainly not happy if we'd paid over £500!!
Negatives: The rooms were clean but a bit shabby in the Academy building, there was a mark on the bath unsure what it was blue mark!
The breakfast was poor there was a selection of hot and cold food with cereals but not enough fruit and yogurts on offer and the bacon was tasteless also no fresh drinking water in sight and coffee was terrible.
Plus: Staff were all polite and helpful.
The pool was great when we went it was really quiet and the kids loved the water slide and wave machine.
Kids also enjoyed the soft play area.
Plenty to do if the weather not so good we didn't use all the facilities due to the great weather.
I would recommend the hotel at a good price but not worth over inflated prices.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The hotels of our Macdonald Aviemore Resort are situated at the very heart of the Cairngorms National Park in the Scottish Highlands - a magical location. Stay amidst ancient Caledonian pine forests at one of our four distinctive hotels or our luxury woodland lodge accommodation. You'll find the perfect room for your stay in one of our luxurious Scottish Highlands hotels at Aviemore. Our Highlands Hotel offer four-star luxury for all the family along with our newly refurbished Morlich and Aviemore Hotels which are due to open Spring 2015. Choose one of our Luxury Woodland lodges for a stunning escape in the forest surrounding our resort. You'll find everything you need and more at Macdonald Aviemore Resort - luxury brand shopping, 3D cinema viewing, top-class restaurants, our brand new, state-of-the-art Aviemore Activity Centre, family activities, swimming pool - and for golfers, the Spey Valley Championship Golf Course. Recently voted one of the best in Scotland, this course boasts some of the most breathtaking views in the world. Designed by Dave Thomas, former Ryder Cup player, it features the longest hole in Scotland - a par 5 measuring 635 yards. Are you up for the challenge? ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Orbitz, LateRooms, HotelsClick and Agoda so you can book your Macdonald Aviemore Hotel at Macdonald Aviemore Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Macdonald Aviemore Highland Hotel Aviemore
- Macdonald Aviemore Hotel At Macdonald Aviemore Resort Scotland