Have stayed in the macdonald highland hotel before and left a good honest review,only fair i do the same for the academy one.
Took my nephew as it seemed a perfect place to take kids.
On arrival we checked in at the highland hotel as the academy reception never seems to be manned. Room was nice and clean as expected, bit silly though that we had 4 single beds. Thought this was strange so called to ask for a double bed,was told there was nothing could be done and that sometimes 3rd parties advertise them as double rooms - sorry but thats not good enough and is false advertising!!
Made the most of it and id two beds together to make a double bed with the danger aspect of falling to the ground if was tempted for a cuddle in the night. Breakfast we were told by a staff member to head to the highland hotel, turned up there to be pointed to the conference room area - food was pretty decent and catered everyone,was all a bit mad in there though with kids running everywhere. Cant knock the food as it was decent.
As in the last review i cant knock the excellent facillities or the shops or that. Though they could explain there offers a bit better,was told nothing of a passport thing we needed and was refused entry to a kids entertainment Party without it-paying for it wasnt the problem-no one knew where to get it from.
All in all i wouldn't tell anyone not to come here but i will make them aware of the difference in treatment when going as a couple or a family.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This is one of three 4-star hotels located within Macdonald Aviemore Resort situated at the very heart of the Cairngorms National Park in the Scottish Highlands. This hotel is most popular with families who enjoy the special family rooms featuring special bunk rooms giving kids their own space within their parents room - a popular option with all family members! You'll find everything you need and more within the wider resort - luxury brand shopping, a cinema, top-class restaurants, state-of-the-art Aviemore Activity Centre, family activities, swimming pool - and for golfers, the Spey Valley Championship Golf Course. Recently voted one of the best in Scotland, this course boasts some of the most breathtaking views in the world. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Macdonald Aviemore Hotel at Macdonald Aviemore Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Macdonald Aviemore Highland Hotel Aviemore
- Macdonald Aviemore Hotel At Macdonald Aviemore Resort Scotland