Was wary after reading some negative reviews on here but I shouldnt have worried! We got a great special offer from the macdonald website, £140 cheaper for 2 nights DB&B than another hotel in Aviemore with kids soft play etc so was expecting a catch!! No catch, our room in the Highland hotel was 4 star, well I reckon 5 star, spotless with every little thing top notch. Massive bed plus kids bed for our 2 year old, complimentary mineral water in the fanciest bottles ever, lovely toiletries, hot and powerful shower and heated towel rail that dried all our swimming costumes super fast so we could head back into the pool. House keeping deserve a mention for the room when we cam back from a day at the wildlife park, room made up with my 2 year olds pyjamas folded onto his pillow and his cuddly toy sitting at his pillow. The food in the resort was amazing...breakfast was a treat with gorgeous sausages, black pudding and then yummy fruit, pastries etc, enough to keep us in the dining room for ages and set us up for the day. We ate in the aspects dining room the first night and headed out to the steak house for the 2nd night...worth the trip to the other side of town for great food and atmosphere. The pool was lovely, slide fun (wish it was clearer when it was open as explaining to a 2yr old that its not on is tricky), soft play was much appreciated, outdoor play ground had something for all....need I go on. The 3 of us had a lovely holiday and will certainly be returning to the Highland Hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The hotels of our Macdonald Aviemore Resort are situated at the very heart of the Cairngorms National Park in the Scottish Highlands - a magical location. Stay amidst ancient Caledonian pine forests at one of our four distinctive hotels or our luxury woodland lodge accommodation. You'll find the perfect room for your stay in one of our luxurious Scottish Highlands hotels at Aviemore. Our Highlands Hotel offer four-star luxury for all the family along with our newly refurbished Morlich and Aviemore Hotels which are due to open Spring 2015. Choose one of our Luxury Woodland lodges for a stunning escape in the forest surrounding our resort. You'll find everything you need and more at Macdonald Aviemore Resort - luxury brand shopping, 3D cinema viewing, top-class restaurants, our brand new, state-of-the-art Aviemore Activity Centre, family activities, swimming pool - and for golfers, the Spey Valley Championship Golf Course. Recently voted one of the best in Scotland, this course boasts some of the most breathtaking views in the world. Designed by Dave Thomas, former Ryder Cup player, it features the longest hole in Scotland - a par 5 measuring 635 yards. Are you up for the challenge? ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Agoda and LateRooms so you can book your Macdonald Aviemore Hotel at Macdonald Aviemore Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Macdonald Aviemore Highland Hotel Aviemore
- Macdonald Aviemore Hotel At Macdonald Aviemore Resort Scotland