We have recently stayed here for 3 nights. We found that the communal areas of the hotel and resort were worthy of the 4* however the bedrooms were not. Our room was situated on the 3rd floor and to get to our room we had to walk through this corridor which smelt of mould and was very disgusting. Our room was very small. The TV was very old fashioned. There is no air con in the rooms or no fans available. Our room was made up by housekeeping after 3pm each day which I felt was quite late, apart from on the day of check out and they were banging at our door at 9:15am! The food and drink at the hotel was very over priced. My husband and I had a drink each at the bar and it cost over £11! A large glass of wine was £9.95. I can not fault the swimming pool area and facilities there they are excellent. I would not waste my money on staying here again. I think the rooms at a Premier inn are far superior and at least half the price!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The hotels of our Macdonald Aviemore Resort are situated at the very heart of the Cairngorms National Park in the Scottish Highlands - a magical location. Stay amidst ancient Caledonian pine forests at one of our four distinctive hotels or our luxury woodland lodge accommodation. You'll find the perfect room for your stay in one of our luxurious Scottish Highlands hotels at Aviemore. Our Highlands Hotel offer four-star luxury for all the family along with our newly refurbished Morlich and Aviemore Hotels which are due to open Spring 2015. Choose one of our Luxury Woodland lodges for a stunning escape in the forest surrounding our resort. You'll find everything you need and more at Macdonald Aviemore Resort - luxury brand shopping, 3D cinema viewing, top-class restaurants, our brand new, state-of-the-art Aviemore Activity Centre, family activities, swimming pool - and for golfers, the Spey Valley Championship Golf Course. Recently voted one of the best in Scotland, this course boasts some of the most breathtaking views in the world. Designed by Dave Thomas, former Ryder Cup player, it features the longest hole in Scotland - a par 5 measuring 635 yards. Are you up for the challenge? ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Agoda, LateRooms, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Macdonald Aviemore Hotel at Macdonald Aviemore Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Macdonald Aviemore Highland Hotel Aviemore
- Macdonald Aviemore Hotel At Macdonald Aviemore Resort Scotland