Date of stay: September 12-13, 2012
Purpose: Designated hotel for Britain and Ireland Explorer cost saver guided tour by Trafalgar (21 days).
Hotel location: One of the three hotels in the complex, a ski resort area.
Hotel amenities: Front desk staffed only when our group was checking in and checking out. Request for service done by telephone, including wake-up call. A short walk outside to reach the restaurant located in another building. The other hotels might have better facilities.
Room amenities: Clean room and beds, functional furniture & furnishings, Wi-fi internet connection, TV, telephone, room-controlled heating system, kettle for boiling water, complimentary supply of tea and coffee, small but functional bathroom (no face towel as it is not normaly provided by European hotels), hair dryer.
Electric voltage: 220V which requires adapter and converter for North American personal appliances. However, there's a 115V outlet marked "For shaver only" in the bathroom. I managed to recharge my 110V electric shaver and double A rechargeable batteries for my digital camera using this outlet without using an adapter & converter.
Personal comment: While the resort hotel has refreshing environment, amenities-wise, even for travelling group, remains much to be desired. To take our prepaid breakfast, we had to walk to another building which is inconvenient when it's raining and cold.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The hotels of our Macdonald Aviemore Resort are situated at the very heart of the Cairngorms National Park in the Scottish Highlands - a magical location. Stay amidst ancient Caledonian pine forests at one of our four distinctive hotels or our luxury woodland lodge accommodation. You'll find the perfect room for your stay in one of our luxurious Scottish Highlands hotels at Aviemore. Our Highlands Hotel offer four-star luxury for all the family along with our newly refurbished Morlich and Aviemore Hotels which are due to open Spring 2015. Choose one of our Luxury Woodland lodges for a stunning escape in the forest surrounding our resort. You'll find everything you need and more at Macdonald Aviemore Resort - luxury brand shopping, 3D cinema viewing, top-class restaurants, our brand new, state-of-the-art Aviemore Activity Centre, family activities, swimming pool - and for golfers, the Spey Valley Championship Golf Course. Recently voted one of the best in Scotland, this course boasts some of the most breathtaking views in the world. Designed by Dave Thomas, former Ryder Cup player, it features the longest hole in Scotland - a par 5 measuring 635 yards. Are you up for the challenge? ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, LateRooms, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Macdonald Aviemore Hotel at Macdonald Aviemore Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Macdonald Aviemore Highland Hotel Aviemore
- Macdonald Aviemore Hotel At Macdonald Aviemore Resort Scotland