“A bit of a walk But worth it”
Review of Aviemore Ospreys

Aviemore Ospreys
More attraction details
Owner description: Fully guided wildlife photography in the Cairngorm National Park
Reviewed October 2, 2013

One of my party is an avid birder, so said we must go to see these birds after all were in Scotland, I though in November! but we put on our boots cagoules and off we went, nothing for quite some time ,then Wow! what a sight takes your breath away TV films do not do it justice. in the words of Arnie I'll be back!!!

1  Thank LordKPlymouth
There are newer reviews for Aviemore Ospreys

Reviewed September 22, 2013

It was a loverly day and it was good to see these regal birds in their natural habitat. I would say though to make sure you have a decent set of walking boots and a waterproof jacket. Apart from that really nice place and my farther-in-law was really chuffed to get to see a Osprey.

Reviewed July 30, 2013

super views of ospreys, excellent visitor centre with very helpful and informative displays. Staff are excellent - give lots of information. Telescopes and bins there for those who don't have them. Can also see red squirrels and many other wooodland birds.

Reviewed July 24, 2013

A great place for a visit I was there with my husband but there were a few kids there and they were treated to a great educational display all about the ospreys and they seemed to be having a ball.We had a great time there was binoculars, scopes and a large tv screen to get a clear view of these magnificent birds. The staff were friendly and very knowledgeable and it was great value for money. The birds are fitted with radio transmitters which you can follow on the website. I am hoping to visit again next July and hopefully see some more chicks.

Reviewed June 29, 2013

We spent over two hours watching the ospreys' nest and were present when the male osprey, Odin, returned with a rainbow trout that most anglers would have been happy with! The female bird then fed the young until they had their fill. This was fantastic to watch. The staff on site were very happy to answer questions and provide details about the breeding pair. We were very lucky with our timing, but would say that if you want to see and get as much as possible from your visit, then you need to be prepared to spend time on site. The live camera feed from the nest site was excellent.