“Well worth a visit”

Aviemore, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Well worth a visit”
Reviewed September 14, 2013

I travel through Aviemore frequently, sometimes on a bicycle and other times on my motorbike. Good food and great, friendly service is the norm. Breakfast rolls are great (but I do wish they would do link sausage) and good value for money. Sandwiches feature really lovely brown bread and are filling to say the least. Parking for cars is right outside (spaces permitting) and it's great to be able to get my bike (motorised or pedal-powered) right up to the door.

• Visited September 2013

Warwickshire, United Kingdom
“Really Tasty”
Reviewed September 14, 2013

Called into here for a breakfast as recommended by our accommodation and we weren't disappointed. Filled rolls were the order of the day and the bacon rolls were really 'bacony'; tasted like the old fashioned bacon from years gone by.

Visited September 2013
“Worth a visit”
Reviewed September 13, 2013 via mobile

We called in at the coffee corner yesterday for a light lunch , as the weather was nice we sat outside among all the flowers, was a bit dubious after reading the mixed reviews about this place but we were very happy with the quality and freshness of the food, the staff were very friendly and nothing was a problem for them, it was very busy when we went but we were served quickly i would recommend the coffee corner if you are in aviemore.

• Visited September 2013
Aberdeen
“Good freshly prepared food - family run”
Reviewed September 6, 2013

I visit Aviemore frequently and I have tried all the coffee stops including the franchise operations but this is the cafe I always stop at. I have tried the others, but the Coffee corner is the best. On a nice day you can eat outside although the nearby main road is quite busy. The home made treats are worth trying as long as you are not on a diet.

• Visited August 2013
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Poor value for money”
Reviewed August 7, 2013

Visited on 2nd August and to be fair we only chose it from the large selection of Aviemore eateries because it was on the sunny side of the street. The shop is clean and the staff are friendly. The menu is limited but they have a selection of about 5 soups. The first two I asked for weren't available. We settled on lentil, we're in the highlands - easy choice for a satisfying lunch. Sadly not, the waitress retuned with two coffee cups on saucers. This wasn't a mistake, our soup was in the coffee cups. These were not Starbuck style gigantic cups, they were patterned coffee cups. The soup tasted ok (not wonderful enough to warrant £3.70 for approx. 250ml). I asked for brown bread and received two slices of generic brown bread, which I had to pay extra for!.

To Coffee Corner - the cheapest product you produce is soup! The mark up on this item is ridiculous. For an extra couple of pennies give your customers a reasonable portion and a piece of bread! Customers do not like to feel taken advantage of and we tell other people!

To potential customers - there is a large number of eateries in Aviemore. Unless you really want to sit out in the sun and can't climb stairs, I would choose another one.

• Visited August 2013