“Poor value for money”

Cuisines: Scottish
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Poor value for money”
Reviewed August 7, 2013

Visited on 2nd August and to be fair we only chose it from the large selection of Aviemore eateries because it was on the sunny side of the street. The shop is clean and the staff are friendly. The menu is limited but they have a selection of about 5 soups. The first two I asked for weren't available. We settled on lentil, we're in the highlands - easy choice for a satisfying lunch. Sadly not, the waitress retuned with two coffee cups on saucers. This wasn't a mistake, our soup was in the coffee cups. These were not Starbuck style gigantic cups, they were patterned coffee cups. The soup tasted ok (not wonderful enough to warrant £3.70 for approx. 250ml). I asked for brown bread and received two slices of generic brown bread, which I had to pay extra for!.

To Coffee Corner - the cheapest product you produce is soup! The mark up on this item is ridiculous. For an extra couple of pennies give your customers a reasonable portion and a piece of bread! Customers do not like to feel taken advantage of and we tell other people!

To potential customers - there is a large number of eateries in Aviemore. Unless you really want to sit out in the sun and can't climb stairs, I would choose another one.

• Visited August 2013

Scotland
“Great cafe”
Reviewed July 28, 2013

We eat breakfast here every time we stay in Aviemore and never have I eaten such a wonderful square Lorne sausage roll. The roll is light and fluffy and the sausage melts in the mouth. Hubby loves the scrambled egg rolls. The cafe is always clean and staff very welcoming. It is usually busy and yesterday morning we were lucky to find one free table left. As a cafe it is hard to beat.

• Visited July 2013
Ardrossan, United Kingdom
“Good Choice”
Reviewed April 18, 2013

Passing through Aviemore and came across the Coffee Corner. Good selection of soup, even told you what stock was used. Soup was excellent, like home made.

• Visited April 2013
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Overpriced and greasy offerings.”
Reviewed April 11, 2013

Went in here for coffee and a roll and bacon.
My son had some sausage, black pudding and bacon.
I have to admit the food was quite awful and the coffee was average at best.
Then on paying bill that left an even worst taste in my mouth.
Won`t go back but I suspect it will entice in more mugs like me who pass through.

• Visited April 2013