In early August I was touring Scotland by train, and stayed here for 3 nights. A single traveller, I was allocated Room 8 in the rear extension. It contained a double bed (which was very comfortable) but I have to say that if two people were sharing the room they would have to be very careful not to get in each other's way. Also the walls are thin and I could hear what was going on next door. Furthermore, you would get a crick in the neck looking up at the small TV, which was on a bracket high up on the wall. In practice I tended to use the visitors lounge for relaxing after a couple of good days walking; usually there was no one else in it.Having said all that, I have to endorse the other reviewers comments about the breakfasts - they were excellent - and about the owner who couldn't have been more helpful. She recommended the Cairngorm Hotel, opposite the station, as a good place for dinner, and indeed I went there twice.
I feel a bit bad about not giving the place a higher rating. Maybe the rooms at the front were larger and more comfortable, but I can only make a judgement on my own experience and not what might have been.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Peter, Gail and staff invite you to our lovely Victorian home in the Cairngorm National Park. Some rooms on ground floor, some with mountain views, some with kingsize beds. 24 hour access, drying/storage, free parking and Wifi. Real log fire in guest lounge. All amenities – ten minutes walk. Ideal location. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Cairngorm Guest House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cairngorm Guest House Hotel Aviemore
- Cairngorm Guest House Aviemore, Scotland