3,409 results
All reviews woodshed bar fun house family suite inverdruie restaurant toddler break main restaurant two double beds crazy golf swimming pool tennis courts kids club great for kids breakfast and dinner school holidays soft play outdoor activities public areas
Reviewed September 12, 2010

We have just returned from a 2 night stay DBB. Having read the previous reviews I was a bit dubious as I had booked it as a birthday surprise for my hubby. The room, service and food was brilliant. The menu in The Grant Room was really great, there were three choices of Pasta (previous review stated no pasta choice - so maybe they have added) plus choices of sauces to go with it. We would have been disappointed if the restaurant dinner menu was full of burgers or fish n chips!! The presentation and quality of the food we had was very good, service was very quick and waiting staff very efficient. One nice touch we saw was a lady asked a young gentleman where the toast was and he offered to go and get it for her. The breakfast was to die for, loads of selection, was amazing how they managed to keep all the cooked breakfast in a self service so well heated and not over done when catering for such a large number .... well done to the chef/s. The only down side for us (which is not the hotels fault) was the pool was out of use due to storm damage. The other thing was the fact there was no lifts and we were on second floor, however we were offered at checkout if we required help to take luggage down.
An excellent location for walking, cycling or water sports. Ideal.
There were families there with young children but they were no problems as they have every right to have a break with their parents as anyone else, there appeared to be plenty to amuse them. At meals times families tended to be seated in an area away from couples.
Overall we had a brilliant stay and would not hesitate to go back again, even just for the food .

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ev0604
Reviewed September 8, 2010

I was a little apprehensive given some of the reviews here but in short would say it was fine.
Definitely geared for families; with kids of all ages well catered for.
Room quality is good with high standard fittings that you would expect from a Hilton. Room size is variable! We had a cramped family suite but loads of space in our other twin room that seemed bigger than the suite.
We were on a pre-paid DBB deal. The food is OK in the evenings, if you avoid tricky items on the set menu (pork fillet was way overcooked, so stick with beef, lamb or veg options which were all fine). Stayed two nights and the menu was identical so it could quickly become tedious. Breakfast is brilliant, triple AAA, +++ I could eat their white pudding until I burst.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank HeartsinScotland
Reviewed September 5, 2010

Booked this hotel as a treat for my partner and I on our tour of Scotland where we stayed mainly with friends and relatives

Check in was quick and a porter helped us to our room on the 2nd floor as the hotel doesn't have a lift

The room was well equipped and the bathroom was quite spacious

We were on a dinner bed and breakfast package and were advised at check in that we could either eat in the main restaurant or have an allowance of £15.95 to eat in the bistro We chose the former but had to book which is not what we want to do when on holiday

We went to the restaurant at our appointed time but clearly they did not have enough capacity for the number of guests We waited for 15 minutes for a table and them sat for another 20 minutes being ignored before we attracted the attention of a waiter Once we had ordered the food came quickly and was pretty good

Breakfast was better but of course that was mainly self service

We didn't use the pool or any of the other leisure facilities but they looked good although as this is a family hotel there were too many children around

• Stayed: August 2010
Reviewed August 28, 2010

Well I stayed here with my girlfriend and her nephew (9 years old) for one night and have been left very disappointed and frustrated.

Check-in was nice and polite, we then made our way to the room where we found that it was an adjoining family room and the door between the rooms had been left open, so a quick trip back to reception got that sorted out.

At the time of booking we chose the dinner, bed & breakfast option as this was the only option given at the time of booking. After looking on the website I saw the large choice of places to get food, such as The American Diner, or the Foyer etc. and expected to get some form of meal voucher, but when we checked in we were told dinner is served in the Grant Room so we had to book a time there. When it came to dinner, we were very disappointed with the menu, in my opinion they were try to be too fancy and failed! Where was the simple fish & chips, burgers, pasta's etc.... nothing! (almost got the kid to fetch us food from the kids buffet as this looked more appealing) After finishing a very disappointing evening meal that we didn't really touch, we had barely sat back in our chairs and the bill was thrust upon us.... very rude and bad service if you ask me!

We fancied spending the night at the Woodshed Bar to get the live entertainment but we were informed that children are not allowed in as it is a Bar and with no evening kids club we were left to spend the night in the room. So after the tele got boring we had to purchase a movie (£10) to keep ourselves going. Not long later we were hungry and ordered food from the Foyer (room service) which arrived and was very delicious, just wish we could of eaten here for the evening meal.

Now it gets worse, when we tried to use the shower we found the room was without hot water, we called reception and the porter was straight up to check. He confirmed the hot water was not working and said we would probably have to change room (this is now 11:00pm). Half an hour later, not a word back from reception so I called and was told the whole hotel is without hot water and there is nothing they can do and that the engineer was en-route. We waited over an hour but still no hot water and we had to retire to bed. In the morning we found a letter under the door informing us that there was still no hot water in the hotel so we went to breakfast before checking out.

At check-out I was presented with the bill for the full amount so obviously refused to pay and was approached by the duty manager who offered to remove the charges for the movie and room service as a good-will gesture. I was still unhappy but he explained the manager was not available and he did not have authority to discount further. I paid the remainder of the bill (almost £200 for one night) and made an official complaint through the hilton website. I have had a response from the manager stating that no refund will be made as he believes that no hot water does not justify a refund for the stay as we still got a bed and ate breakfast and dinner!

VERY DISAPPOINTED - STAY AWAY!

Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank bulldogmarty
Reviewed August 20, 2010

I have reviewed this hotel before but just wanted to say again that it is certanly a hotel that I would recommend to families with children.
We visited during the school summer holiday and every evening there was some form of entertainment laid on for the children. My grandson absolutely loved the night where a local pet shop brought along live snakes, spiders and other reptiles.
As before, food was good, service quick and a reasonably stress free environment in the dining room given the number of small children around. If you are not travelling with children, the dining room does get a lot quieter after about 8.30 pm.
Only point of concern was that the rooms do get a bit warm during the summer and you have to get someone from the hotel maintenance team to allow the windows to open for any more than a couple of inches. (safety reasons I suppose)

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family