3,387 results
All reviewswoodshed barfun housefamily suiteinverdruie restauranttoddler breakmain restauranttwo double bedscrazy golfswimming pooltennis courtskids clubgreat for kidsbreakfast and dinnerschool holidayssoft playoutdoor activitiespublic areas
Reviewed July 19, 2010

Excellent stay (third time) at Coylumbridge. Fine something new to do each time we come to Aviemore and on the wet days our son (6) is happy to go to the pool and the Fun House. Lovely food (especially at breakfast - you could "graze" for hours!) and friendly staff. We upgraded to a family suite this time and found it was worth the little bit extra to have a separate sleeping area for our son. One tiny concern was the noise at the back of the hotel near the tennis courts.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed July 17, 2010

Expect to queue for forever only to be greeted by the most unpleasant reception staff you could wish to meet....don't complain though as the manager will be one of them so isn't interested!!

Family orientated, the kids loved the disco and the pool, some parents seem to think its acceptable to let their kids run riot whilst they sit and get drunk though, that alone is enough to put me off going back.

The food was good in the restaurants though! Venison was especially tasty.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed July 12, 2010

We stayed at this hotel for 4 nights as we were skiing. Were able to check-in early (11am) as our skiing had been cancelled that day, although had to wait for an hour until our room was ready. Friendly staff at reception. Paid £140 per night DBB. Thought this was expensive for what we got but it was the Easter holidays. I ordered extras (fruit, wine etc) to be in our room to surprise my other half on arrival but we got a phone call at 6pm that evening apologising for them not being there - we cancelled the order. Dinner was very rushed on all evenings - food was in front of you as soon as you laid down your cutlery - and as we did not book a table on our second night we could not get a table until 9.45pm - a bit late to eat for us. Great breakfast though!. Very noisy hotel with children but lots for them to do. Nothing for adults though. There was no quiet area for adults to just sit and read a book and no fitness centre either. We were on the second floor and the corridor was very smelly. Room was small, bathroom was not wiped down on the second day (and toiletries were not topped up at all). We kind of expected a bit more from a Hilton to be honest.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 10, 2010

Because we traveled in a group and the Hilton had not organized their seating arrangements well the head of the restaurant told me my husband and would have to sit on separate tables for our evening meal, when we said no we were told there was no other choice and 'this is the way we always do it with groups' when I said 'then you are doing it wrong' the head of the restaurant walked away. It was left to us to reorganize the furniture in order to sit together. I have since written a complaint letter to the manager who shockingly agreed that 'they always do it like that' and we should have sat separately.In giving the hotel 1 for customer service is a massive over estimate, I urge others to go elsewhere if they want to be treated as guests.

• Stayed: June 2010
Reviewed July 7, 2010

Having recently spent a weekend at this Hotel for a friends wedding to say I was very disappointed would be a vast understatement. Firstly there was mould in our bathroom, the inside of our window cill was damp and mouldy. On both mornings of our stay the shower was cold but if you turned the pressure right down it was possible to get look warm water. At £100 per night I thought that this was disgraceful so have written and on complained on several occassions. There responses are comic to say the least, firstly they have twice written to me or I assume it was me as the name at the top of the letter was not mine and secondly they have offered me 20% off a future stay with a room upgrade (subject to availability). On the plus side the breakfast was very good! But all in all the place is a shambles to say the least and I wouldn't reccomend this place to my worst enemy.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple