3,387 results
All reviewswoodshed barfun housefamily suiteinverdruie restauranttoddler breakmain restauranttwo double bedscrazy golfswimming pooltennis courtskids clubgreat for kidsbreakfast and dinnerschool holidayssoft playoutdoor activitiespublic areas
Reviewed July 12, 2010

We stayed at this hotel for 4 nights as we were skiing. Were able to check-in early (11am) as our skiing had been cancelled that day, although had to wait for an hour until our room was ready. Friendly staff at reception. Paid £140 per night DBB. Thought this was expensive for what we got but it was the Easter holidays. I ordered extras (fruit, wine etc) to be in our room to surprise my other half on arrival but we got a phone call at 6pm that evening apologising for them not being there - we cancelled the order. Dinner was very rushed on all evenings - food was in front of you as soon as you laid down your cutlery - and as we did not book a table on our second night we could not get a table until 9.45pm - a bit late to eat for us. Great breakfast though!. Very noisy hotel with children but lots for them to do. Nothing for adults though. There was no quiet area for adults to just sit and read a book and no fitness centre either. We were on the second floor and the corridor was very smelly. Room was small, bathroom was not wiped down on the second day (and toiletries were not topped up at all). We kind of expected a bit more from a Hilton to be honest.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 10, 2010

Because we traveled in a group and the Hilton had not organized their seating arrangements well the head of the restaurant told me my husband and would have to sit on separate tables for our evening meal, when we said no we were told there was no other choice and 'this is the way we always do it with groups' when I said 'then you are doing it wrong' the head of the restaurant walked away. It was left to us to reorganize the furniture in order to sit together. I have since written a complaint letter to the manager who shockingly agreed that 'they always do it like that' and we should have sat separately.In giving the hotel 1 for customer service is a massive over estimate, I urge others to go elsewhere if they want to be treated as guests.

• Stayed: June 2010
Reviewed July 7, 2010

Having recently spent a weekend at this Hotel for a friends wedding to say I was very disappointed would be a vast understatement. Firstly there was mould in our bathroom, the inside of our window cill was damp and mouldy. On both mornings of our stay the shower was cold but if you turned the pressure right down it was possible to get look warm water. At £100 per night I thought that this was disgraceful so have written and on complained on several occassions. There responses are comic to say the least, firstly they have twice written to me or I assume it was me as the name at the top of the letter was not mine and secondly they have offered me 20% off a future stay with a room upgrade (subject to availability). On the plus side the breakfast was very good! But all in all the place is a shambles to say the least and I wouldn't reccomend this place to my worst enemy.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Highlander-1978
Reviewed July 5, 2010

Ok, so we got the hotel on a deal in the January sale and I am so glad we did not pay the full price. I have ceratin expectations when I stay at a Hilton Hotel... This one met few of them.
The initial reception upon arrival was good. However the whole hotel needs a refurb, with wallpaper peeling off the walls and dodgy paint jobs!
The swimming pool looks deceiving in the pictures.... It is tired and the changing areas dirty. Not to mention the freezing water!
Service in The Grant Room was excellent however and the food good.
On the Saturday night of our stay there was a wedding being held in the Cairngorm suite.... the disco went on until 0115 and was very loud. We were staying on the other side of the hotel and could not sleep due to the noise. There was obviously somebody nearby smoking as everytime they had a cigarette, it wafted through the ventilation into our bathroom and lingered for hours.... Not nice for 2 non-smokers! The drain outside out bedroom was blocked so dripped consistently!
We had applied for an upgrade prior to our travel and expected to be told if we had received one on arrival, we were not and when we saw our fairly bog standard room assumed we had just got the normal double. Upon check out we were asked to pay an extra £10 per night for our "double duluxe" room! What a joke there was nothing duluxe about it. It was fine as a standard double but nothing worthy of the duluxe title! We did not pay the extra as we had not been told about the upgrade.
Generally our stay was ok, but probably won't be staying again!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 3, 2010

Staying in a bed, breakfast and evening meal deal. First nights dinner in the Grant restaurant was terrible to say the least. Service was shocking for a Hilton removing drink from the table before they were finished and serving the main meal before removing the starters first. Taking the wrong order and no apology. Very slippery surface in the bath/shower due to bad drainage, causing my new wife to slip and fall hitting her head and giving her a black eye. After raising our concerns with duty manager face to face it took another 2 hours to receive a badly worded grammatically incorrect letter of apology.