3,387 results
All reviewswoodshed barfun housefamily suiteinverdruie restauranttoddler breakmain restauranttwo double bedscrazy golfswimming pooltennis courtskids clubgreat for kidsbreakfast and dinnerschool holidayssoft playoutdoor activitiespublic areas
Reviewed July 10, 2010

Because we traveled in a group and the Hilton had not organized their seating arrangements well the head of the restaurant told me my husband and would have to sit on separate tables for our evening meal, when we said no we were told there was no other choice and 'this is the way we always do it with groups' when I said 'then you are doing it wrong' the head of the restaurant walked away. It was left to us to reorganize the furniture in order to sit together. I have since written a complaint letter to the manager who shockingly agreed that 'they always do it like that' and we should have sat separately.In giving the hotel 1 for customer service is a massive over estimate, I urge others to go elsewhere if they want to be treated as guests.

• Stayed: June 2010
Reviewed July 7, 2010

Having recently spent a weekend at this Hotel for a friends wedding to say I was very disappointed would be a vast understatement. Firstly there was mould in our bathroom, the inside of our window cill was damp and mouldy. On both mornings of our stay the shower was cold but if you turned the pressure right down it was possible to get look warm water. At £100 per night I thought that this was disgraceful so have written and on complained on several occassions. There responses are comic to say the least, firstly they have twice written to me or I assume it was me as the name at the top of the letter was not mine and secondly they have offered me 20% off a future stay with a room upgrade (subject to availability). On the plus side the breakfast was very good! But all in all the place is a shambles to say the least and I wouldn't reccomend this place to my worst enemy.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Highlander-1978
Reviewed July 5, 2010

Ok, so we got the hotel on a deal in the January sale and I am so glad we did not pay the full price. I have ceratin expectations when I stay at a Hilton Hotel... This one met few of them.
The initial reception upon arrival was good. However the whole hotel needs a refurb, with wallpaper peeling off the walls and dodgy paint jobs!
The swimming pool looks deceiving in the pictures.... It is tired and the changing areas dirty. Not to mention the freezing water!
Service in The Grant Room was excellent however and the food good.
On the Saturday night of our stay there was a wedding being held in the Cairngorm suite.... the disco went on until 0115 and was very loud. We were staying on the other side of the hotel and could not sleep due to the noise. There was obviously somebody nearby smoking as everytime they had a cigarette, it wafted through the ventilation into our bathroom and lingered for hours.... Not nice for 2 non-smokers! The drain outside out bedroom was blocked so dripped consistently!
We had applied for an upgrade prior to our travel and expected to be told if we had received one on arrival, we were not and when we saw our fairly bog standard room assumed we had just got the normal double. Upon check out we were asked to pay an extra £10 per night for our "double duluxe" room! What a joke there was nothing duluxe about it. It was fine as a standard double but nothing worthy of the duluxe title! We did not pay the extra as we had not been told about the upgrade.
Generally our stay was ok, but probably won't be staying again!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 3, 2010

Staying in a bed, breakfast and evening meal deal. First nights dinner in the Grant restaurant was terrible to say the least. Service was shocking for a Hilton removing drink from the table before they were finished and serving the main meal before removing the starters first. Taking the wrong order and no apology. Very slippery surface in the bath/shower due to bad drainage, causing my new wife to slip and fall hitting her head and giving her a black eye. After raising our concerns with duty manager face to face it took another 2 hours to receive a badly worded grammatically incorrect letter of apology.

Reviewed July 1, 2010

We chose not to stay at the Coylumbridge this year for the first time in 6 years, and chose somewhere else in Aviemore. Did we regret it "YES". We spent almost every day of our holiday at the Coylumbridge. The staff are friendly, its clean and the facilities are very good. Yes, the changing rooms at the pool are in need of a refurb, but this does not make it any less enjoyable. We will not make the same mistake next year and opt for anywhere else because we won't find any better for a family holiday.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family