We stayed at this hotel for 3 nights from 22nd July-26th and had a great time. We had gone to Aviemore for a few days camping but discovered that life in a tent is not for us and approached the hotel to see if they could fit us in. The front of house manager, Patrice Borman, could not have been nicer. He could not fit us in immediately but phoned round other hotels in the area to see if they could accomodate us. We had a nice enough night in the Academy hotel before checking in at the Coylumbridge where we were given a clean and spacious family suite. When this room proved to be a bit noisy due to an extractor fan from the kitchen, we were moved to a room of equal standard without any hesitation. As the previous reviewer has criticised the staff I must make a point of mentioning Indra by name. A beautiful girl who always had a smile on her face.
I agree that the food is not great, some of the concoctions on offer were a bit strange, but we always managed to find something to suit. Our kids of 5 and 7 loved the self service buffet and there were lots of healthy options with fruit being plentiful.
The pool was cold in the adults section but the children's pool was warm enough and the slide kept our two happy . We didn't find the changing area especially unclean when we were there and I am known for my fussiness.
There was entertainment on every night for the kids and, although a bit "holiday camp" our kids loved it. This is the first time our children have actually cried on leaving a hotel and they have stayed at quite a few.
This hotel is not for the discerning traveller looking for good food in exclusive surroundings. It is a big fun hotel which caters for families very well. Loads for kids to do on the doorstep which makes for a relaxing holiday for parents. Rooms are everything you will need and if you are not looking for Michelin stars, the food is adequate. The staff we dealt with were well managed by those in charge, both in the restaurant and in the front of house and were never rude or grumpy ( omelette chef may be an exception to this).
We will definitely be back,
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hilton Coylumbridge resort hotel is set in a 65 acre woodland estate in the heart of the Cairngorms National Park. It is located close to Aviemore and is a perfect holiday destination all year round. The resort includes five restaurants and two bars including the Woodshed Bar with its roaring log fire and the American Diner sure to please the kids. The resort also includes indoor swimming pools, outdoor tennis courts, play park, spa, outdoor activity park and The Fun House for the little ones. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Hotwire, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hilton Coylumbridge Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Coylumbridge - Aviemore Hotel Aviemore
- Hilton International Aviemore
- Aviemore Coylumbridge Hotel
- Hilton Aviemore
- Aviemore Hilton
- Aviemore Coylumbridge Hilton Hotel
- Hilton Coylumbridge Hotel Aviemore, Scotland