Stayed in a family suite for 2 night DB&B. Chose this over the other big resort hotel in the area.
Check in felt like we were on a conveyor belt with the receptionist basically going through the motions of her mental checklist. We were asked if we had booked in for dinner that night - which we hadn't. There was a choice of family Italian style buffet at 5pm or set menu dinner at 8.45pm. With an 8 year old 8.45 is certainly too late to eat. We went for the family buffet option.
The buffet was ok with selection of pizza, pasta with either tomato or cheese sauce, fish, pork and meatball options. A few choices for desert. Again nothing special. We ordered 3 diet cokes and about fell off our seat at the cost of £9 for this. Ask for draft it's much cheaper!! No labels on the food to tell you what it actually was....I got a strange look for asking what the potato dish had in it. Also no allergy information either (Son is allergy sufferer)
The room & bathroom were clean with clean bedding and towels. They certainly need to update these. The bunk beds look like something out of a youth hostel not a hilton hotel.
The facilities like the Funhouse and outdoor activity area close around 5pm so if you hope to have something to do in resort after dinner....don't bother its all closed. A tad disappointing especially in high summer season.
Breakfast was good with lots of choice of cooked breakfast and continental. Felt sorry for the poor chef who had to try to make up multiple orders for fresh pancakes using a single small frying pan. He certainly kept cheery throughout his ordeal at his waiting audience....maybe a investment in a larger griddle pan would help this situation.
The Bistro meal on our second night was great. First class service and food. £16 allowance for your DB&B so you may need to pay a little extra but well worth it. Again no allergy information and my son had a vanilla cheese cake for desert which he loved...only after a minute or 2 his mouth started to swell. We ran upstairs for his medication whilst husband asked for ingredients. It contained granola in the base so basically everything he is allergic to. Thankfully we didn't have to use the epipen and it settled with his inhaler and piriton. I had actually asked earlier for bread with no sesame seeds due to his allergy but we can't expect the waiting staff to know all the ingredient so a note on the menu would be a good start.
In summary: Good base for families exploring the area and looking for clean but basic accommodation. The dinning areas are very modern and pleasant but food description and allergy info could be displayed. Oh and you have to pay for Wi fi unless you have some gold Hilton honours account which in my mind is them just getting more money from you. You can get comp Wi-Fi in the main lobby so why not go that extra mile for the quest experience and give it throughout the hotel like most other chains do.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hilton Coylumbridge resort hotel is set in a 65 acre woodland estate in the heart of the Cairngorms National Park. It is located close to Aviemore and is a perfect holiday destination all year round. The resort includes five restaurants and two bars including the Woodshed Bar with its roaring log fire and the American Diner sure to please the kids. The resort also includes indoor swimming pools, outdoor tennis courts, play park, spa, outdoor activity park and The Fun House for the little ones. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, Travelocity, TripOnline SA and Evoline ltd so you can book your Hilton Coylumbridge Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Coylumbridge - Aviemore Hotel Aviemore
- Hilton International Aviemore
- Aviemore Coylumbridge Hotel
- Hilton Aviemore
- Aviemore Hilton
- Aviemore Coylumbridge Hilton Hotel
- Hilton Coylumbridge Hotel Aviemore, Scotland