Generally speaking there were only four things I could fault with this place and one of those nothing to do with the hotel.
Firstly the good things. We ( my Wife and I) opted for bed and breakfast with evening meal. Two restaurants, The Inverdrurie and the Bistro. With the bistro you have to pay for your drinks plus anything over £16 each. Food was very good. In the main restaurant Inverdrurie food is included in the price (except drinks). There are two sittings, early for families, self service and later (about 7pm) Table d'Hote. The selection/options are pretty good and again the quality and presentation very good. The breakfast was also very very good. The staff are a credit to the hotel, efficient, polite and courteous. The location is great, the lounge facilities good and the general principle of the hotel is good. Now the negatives.
The standard double room is too small. The corridors and stairwells are tatty and smell musty. The third negative is that everything you have to pay for is far too expensive. Finally my biggest complaint; the place is over run with kids. It suffers from the typical British family complaint; as long as the parents aren't being disturbed by their own kids they can do what they want. I witnessed parents enjoying themselves with peers whilst their kids run (literally) riot, through the lounge, including the bar, up the stairwells to rooms even in corridors, we'll out of their parents view, little did they care. Sadly very typically common these days. We stayed between Boxing Day and New Years Eve, I hope some of the parents read this, some ought to be ashamed of themselves. Unfortunately staff are powerless to stop the frequent 50 metre sprint from reception to the hotel shop by 10+ shouting kids, all day every day. They do a decent job in trying circumstances.
Overall a good stay, food very good, hotel good shame about the irresponsible parents!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hilton Coylumbridge resort hotel is set in a 65 acre woodland estate in the heart of the Cairngorms National Park. It is located close to Aviemore and is a perfect holiday destination all year round. The resort includes five restaurants and two bars including the Woodshed Bar with its roaring log fire and the American Diner sure to please the kids. The resort also includes indoor swimming pools, outdoor tennis courts, play park, spa, outdoor activity park and The Fun House for the little ones. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton EMEA, Priceline, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire and Evoline ltd so you can book your Hilton Coylumbridge Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Coylumbridge - Aviemore Hotel Aviemore
- Hilton International Aviemore
- Aviemore Coylumbridge Hotel
- Hilton Aviemore
- Aviemore Hilton
- Aviemore Coylumbridge Hilton Hotel
- Hilton Coylumbridge Hotel Aviemore, Scotland