The hotel is a Hilton Hotel by name alone.
There are no lifts in the hotel and we are in a dog friendly room on the second floor, so everything had to be carried up four flights of stairs. The stairs are dark and very narrow, and if you meet any of the hotel staff carrying stuff on the stairs you feel obliged to move out of the way for them as they have no room to manoeuvre. Because there are no lifts, numerous trips up and down the stairs were called for to get all our belongings to our room and as we are here over the Christmas period we have all un sundry with us as you may guess.
The bedrooms while quite modern, are so small you couldn't swing a cat in them never mind our labrador, the bed in our room was so hard that I couldn't sleep for more than an hour through the night without waking up feeling sore and stiff; eventually after a long night of broken sleep, I woke up in agony with back pain in the morning. Our labradors bed is softer and bigger so I will probably swap with her tonight!
I can barely turn around in the passage that leads to the en-suite bathroom, which as I'm sure you will have guessed is also very small. There are no full size bath towels with only half size towels available, probably just as well as you would be hard pushed to fling a full size towel around yourself without hitting your hands on the adjacent walls. There's no shaving mirror or shaving light and as a result you have to lean over a small sink in an expanse (well compared to the rest of the bathroom) of marble to try and see yourself in the mirror under what can only be best described as mood lighting. There are cobwebs on the ceiling of the bedroom and the broadband is hit and miss in our room as we are too far away from the server (only managed to log on once in the room). When you do manage to log in down in the main hotel reception area you can only access it for 60 minutes at a time as they do not want people streaming movies!
Last night I bought two drinks at the bar, a vodka and a gin with mixers which cost £12, it's hardly surprising that people are walking past me to their rooms with Tesco bags full of well known brands of alcohol!
Apart from being a Hilton Hotel and expecting the usual refinements associated with the brand, one of the reasons we chose the hotel was that its supposed to be dog friendly however the only place you can have your dog is in your bedroom, or outside on the deck of the woodshed bar which is over 100 meters from the main hotel. Unfortunately this area has no patio heaters or umbrellas which in this climate is a must. Dog friendly it is not.
The only good things I can actually say about the hotel is that the staff are friendly and attentive and that the food from the table d'horte is actually very good, albeit that you have to pay supplements for some of the dishes; which again we did not expect as we came here on what was advertised as the complete Xmas relaxation break.
I for one will not be coming back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hilton Coylumbridge resort hotel is set in a 65 acre woodland estate in the heart of the Cairngorms National Park. It is located close to Aviemore and is a perfect holiday destination all year round. The resort includes five restaurants and two bars including the Woodshed Bar with its roaring log fire and the American Diner sure to please the kids. The resort also includes indoor swimming pools, outdoor tennis courts, play park, spa, outdoor activity park and The Fun House for the little ones. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Hotwire, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Hilton Coylumbridge Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Coylumbridge - Aviemore Hotel Aviemore
- Hilton International Aviemore
- Aviemore Coylumbridge Hotel
- Hilton Aviemore
- Aviemore Hilton
- Aviemore Coylumbridge Hilton Hotel
- Hilton Coylumbridge Hotel Aviemore, Scotland