Stayed another couple of nights as we love it here in the middle of the Cairngorms.The hotel was its usual thing chilled,relaxed and calming.All the staff as ever fantastic well nearly all the staff,We booked into the bistro for one of the evenings.....and its just does not seem to be the same staff as the rest of the hotel?We have tried it a few times before and thought it may be different this time?but no it was the same,the staff are just not friendly,polite or professional.We felt that bad that we actually walked out which is a first for us as we can pit up with a lot.
When we arrived to be seated the girl looked at us and treated us as if we were a bother.Not a hello ,good evening or even a smile.We sat at the table and just seemed to be forgotten and ignored,and I like to think that we are both polite and mannerly.We went to the main hotel restaurant and what a contrast.Met by a lovely genuine smile and a good evening by Laura.Our waiter for the night was Antonio really nice polite guy.The food in this restaurant has improved dramatically this year since the refurb,and we shall never bother with the' Bisto' again.
So it all worked out in the end but I just don't understand how the staff have always been so different between the two eateries?But we still love the hotel and a big thanks to the staff in the Inverdruie Restaurant (main one) ie Laura and Antonio.Breakfast as normal superb loads of choice and top quality.Had nice room looking out to mountains and the woods also squirrels outside our window in the morning.We shall definitely return as the hotel as a whole is great if you like a chilled feel with comfort in the middle of the highlands.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hilton Coylumbridge resort hotel is set in a 65 acre woodland estate in the heart of the Cairngorms National Park. It is located close to Aviemore and is a perfect holiday destination all year round. The resort includes five restaurants and two bars including the Woodshed Bar with its roaring log fire and the American Diner sure to please the kids. The resort also includes indoor swimming pools, outdoor tennis courts, play park, spa, outdoor activity park and The Fun House for the little ones. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton EMEA, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity and Orbitz so you can book your Hilton Coylumbridge Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Coylumbridge - Aviemore Hotel Aviemore
- Hilton International Aviemore
- Aviemore Coylumbridge Hotel
- Hilton Aviemore
- Aviemore Hilton
- Aviemore Coylumbridge Hilton Hotel
- Hilton Coylumbridge Hotel Aviemore, Scotland