3,411 results
All reviews woodshed bar fun house family suite inverdruie restaurant toddler break main restaurant two double beds crazy golf swimming pool tennis courts kids club great for kids breakfast and dinner school holidays soft play outdoor activities public areas
Reviewed September 28, 2011

Stayed here with a group trip. The rooms were just fine - standard Hilton fare. The place had no character. Had the worst two nights of sleep on the trip at this hotel. Uncomfortable bed. Lots and lots of kids running around even at midnight. Food was average. Service was very grudging. Internet cost ten pounds for 24 hrs! I'm not inclined to revisit this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 27, 2011

The food was absoulely disgracefull, it is the first time in a restraunt where I have only eat two mouthfuls of my dinner. The dinner I ordered was sirlon steak, chips with diane sauce. Firstly I asked for the steak medium to rare and it came out medium to well and extremly tough, The chips were the most disgusting chips I have ever tasted and this is not an exaggeration, it was like they had been fried in year old oil, I could still taste the horrible taste in my mouth an hour later and I only had two chips. The diane sauce was equally as bad it was watery like gravey consistency with mushrooms chopped into it and this was an extra £2.50 into the bargin. Overall it was absolutely disgracefully, I wouldn't have expected the quality of food in a cheap resturant never mind in a hilton resturant. The rooms where also pretty tired looking and in need of a good make over. The shower was like a dribble and took ages to even get the shampoo washed out of my hair. I have stayed in many hilton hotels over the years but of late my last two visits have been really poor and I feel some Hiltons are in disperate need of a revamp. I have never minded paying for Hiltons as I always felt they offered good value for money but of late I just feel they are very much over priced for what you get and in future would prefer to look around for alternative hotels

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Br H
HiltonCath, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Coylumbridge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 6, 2011

Thank you for your comments. i am sorry that your food was not up to our usual high standards. You do not say if you returned your dish or if you advised us at the time, our staff would have been more than happy to replace any item of your meal that you were unhappy with. With regards to your room, I am sorry that you did not find it to your liking but do hope that you will continue to use Hilton as your preferred accommodation provider.

Reviewed September 25, 2011

This hotel is excellent for kids and I came here a lot when I was a kid. I was sadly disappointed by the food though. The restaurant used to serve excellent food but has gone downhill dramatically. I had to send my food back as it was unedible. There are many great places to eat out in aviemore though. Especially the Mountain Cafe.

• Stayed: September 2011

Thank you for your comments on your recent stay at Hilton Coylumbridge. I am sorry that you did not enjoy your dining experience but can assure you that your comments have been passed to our F&B team for their attention and is certainly an area that will be looked at in depth during the current remodelling and planning of our Grant Room Restaurant.

Reviewed September 20, 2011

Stayed here a few times now and it seems to get better each time. The hotel is set up great for families with different activities for all ages. The staff are all friendly and helpful. This hotel suits families, but also couples as it is a great base for sight seeing as well. It has a happy atmosphere and the bar area is a great place to get to know other guests. I'd definitely recommend it to anyone. I can't wait until we're back again.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family

Thank you for your kind comments and am pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Reviewed September 20, 2011

Room with 2 double beds which kids loved but found decor tired and bathroom grubby and basic. Leisure pool has 2 pools, one with a deep end and 2nd 1m depth for younger kids. Lounge and bar areas relaxing but bar prices shocking, £7.00 upwards for a glass of wine !! Decent Live entertaintment both evenings. Grant Restaurant under refurb so eating in main function room which lacks atmosphere but sure it will be ok when restaurant reopens. Food was just ok but kids did enjoy their buffet choices however found the service is very rushed and impersonal, probably as mainly all Europeans with very basic English. No chance of wine with meal at £25 for cheapest bottle! Went to Landmark Adventure park which still offers a great family day out......water slides, high rope tree trekking and smaller version for younger kids, small rollercoaster, free fall jump, climbing wall, play areas, maze, Forrest walks and much more.

• Stayed: September 2011