“Kids had a fantastic time !”

Hilton Coylumbridge Hotel
Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in Aviemore
Reviewed April 11, 2011

This hotel has everything to keep a teenager , 9year old and 1year old happy . We were generally happy with our stay and the kids loved it ! Lots for them to do and everything was to close to each other so after a few hours they were happy and safe enough to run free !
We managed to have a lovely meal in one of the restaurants on the second night while the kids were taken to the fun house to play. The buffet style restaurant however wasn't as nice clear to see this is where the all inclusive guests eat .
Our room wasn't a 4 star standard however we spoke to other guests that were staying in the opposite side of the hotel to us and that all the rooms had been refurbished, the only thing is maybe the prices should reflect the state of the room!
I have no doubts we will return and if it was up to the kids we would be there again this weekend ! However I will be making sure we have a family suite or executive family room . You will never be stuck for something to do here !

Room Tip: Ask for a refurbished room well in advanced !
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
HiltonCath, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Coylumbridge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 13, 2011

Thank you for your comments, its good to read that you and your family had such a great time. we hope to see you at Hilton Coylumbridge again soon.

Reviewed April 7, 2011

Just returned from 3 nights at this hotel with my wife and 2 sons (7 & 11yrs). The lobby is as you would expect from Hilton, modern and comfortable. The staff were all friendly and helpful. The room was nice although the bathroom was tired and in need of refurbishment. Great pools for the kids however again the leisure suit could do with some modernisation. The food in the restaurant was good and the breakfast excellant. I had to pay a supplement for my eldest sons meals which was great value as he could help himself. My only big issue, paying for WI FI. This should be free in any modern establishment!!! All things considered I would stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: April 2011
Reviewed March 25, 2011

Nice family suite with good layout for kids. Family friendly staff, very cheery and always happy to help. Some of the older rooms not quite so fab (bathrooms). Lovely bathrobes and toiletries as standard. Restaurant had varied menu and buffet so no waiting for the kids. Would use again!!

• Stayed: March 2011
HiltonCath, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Coylumbridge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 30, 2011

Thank you for your kind comments on your recent stay with us. We are pleased that you had an enjoyable time at Hilton Coylumbridge and hope that you visit us again soon.

Reviewed March 23, 2011

Had a few days annual leave left and decided to reaquaint myself with the North of Scotland. I am Scots and have lived in Scotland all my life - I have always been critical of the standards of hospitality in this country (with good reason) and would much rather go abroad for a holiday. However I booked a night in this hotel - it is located just below the Cairngorms and the countryside is spectacular. The hotel has been here for many years and is a bit old fashioned in some ways (no lifts for instance). What made it special was the friendliness and attentiveness of the staff (most of whom were foreign) which was of as high a standard as I have experienced anywhere. The hotel is orientated towards kids - there is a huge indoor play area but is equally suited to adults with its swimming pool and different bars/lounges/sports areas. Access to the Cairngorms (special mention to the operator of the funicular railway who took the time to inform passengers on a few facts about the mountain and the railway itself) and the beautiful countryside is easy. ended up staying 2 days at this hotel rather than 1 which is testament to its welcoming attitude. Not a 4 or 5 star hotel but it is perfectly acceptable and I would recommend it for a couple of days holiday.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank C Saloux
Reviewed March 21, 2011

Just returned from our first Toddlers Break visit to this hotel and found it to be a fantastic week.

My 4 year old daughter had a brilliant time from start to finish (except for the fire alarm going off on the first night) and we would definitely return for one of these breaks again (just a pity my daughter can't stay 4 forever!)

The toddlers package included two passes for local attractions. We chose the Waltzing waters (terrible, but hilarious) and the Wildlife Park (brilliant choice). The park includes Amur Tigers, polar bears and you can also drive round the park to get a close up view of various animals.

As for the hotel itself, dont go on a toddlers break week if you dont have kids because they take over the place and run wild but if you do have kids it is excellent to see them all having such a good time. For 4 of the 5 evenings the hotel try to put on some evening entertainment for the kids (clowns, storyteller, disco, magician) and they all went down well apart from the dj not turning up for the disco.

As mentioned in other reviews the price of wine at the bar and in the restaurants are way overpriced. I honestly dont know why they cant review this as they would probably sell a lot more if they could knock off a couple of quid for a large glass. My advice would be to stick to beer or cider and enjoy a few glasses of wine out of the £10 bottle you get at Tescos in your room!

However, this week was all about the kids and was helped by a large snowfall at the start of the week so snowmen and sledges were in abundance.

Overall, excellent value (except for the vino!)

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank colandjo
Reviewed March 19, 2011

I have recently returned from this hotel with my husband and my 2 year old son, what can I say, we all had a great time!. I would highly recommend the toddler break and we are now thinking of taking our main summer holiday here. The food in the Grant room was delicious and catered well for my 2 year old son. The service was beyond our expectations. We stayed in a family room which was clean and serviced all of our requirements. There are not places that I would go back and visit however this break is on my to do list again!!I

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank dawnb99
Reviewed March 15, 2011

Stayed in this hotel with my partner & his nine year old daughter and i was throughly disappointed with it, having stayed in other hiltons i expected the same high standard but it was anything but !! The bed in our room squeeked at even the slightest movement and it was the worst nights sleep ive had in a long while. The Grant Room restaurant was average (kids under 11 eat free). We were asked the age of our chid on arrival for this purpose however when we dinned we were charged for her meal this was eventually sorted. We had drinks with our dinner and paid the bill before we left the table on checking out we were then issued with the same bill ! Drink in the hotel was so expensive £8.10 for a glass of white wine ! Stay clear of this hotel !

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Aviemore
The Boat Hotel
#1 of 3 in Carrbridge
Nethybridge Hotel
Nethybridge Hotel
#1 of 2 in Nethy Bridge

Been to Hilton Coylumbridge Hotel? Share your experiences!