“Glad we gave it a chance”

Mackenzies Highland Inn Restaurant
Ranked #42 of 64 Restaurants in Aviemore
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Reviewed August 17, 2013 via mobile

We tried this restaurant after looking at menu's at a few others but not finding anything we wanted. It doesn't look very posh but the service was friendly and the food we had was excellent. We had pork three ways and chorizo macaroni cheese and it was lovely. Their menu had several nice sounding dishes which were that little bit different to the usual burgers.

Reviewed August 15, 2013 via mobile

First problem was a defective highchair which was dangerous. No alternative offered so 3yo had to sit on normal chair. This meant I could not enjoy my dinner in peace. Menu was very limited and not very inspiring. Advert for chef in window so maybe that's why.
It's a nice wee place for a drink but I would not recommend it for a meal.

Reviewed August 12, 2013

Had a lovely meal, Topside of beef with a sage and black pepper crust,on a bed of mashed potatoes served with root vegetable rostis and red wine gravy. delicious.

Reviewed August 7, 2013

My wife and I ate here because the selection in Aviemore in nothing special. They are very nice and try hard to please. The restaurant is clean and service was OK. We had the Angus topside was good with nice vegetables, I had the special which came with a salad and dessert. It was a casserole of 3 game birds and I did find 2 pellets from when one of the birds was shot down(LOL). No teeth broken and nothing swallowed so all was well. I think there breakfast would be very good.

Reviewed July 31, 2013 via mobile

Wr ordered the sharing platter for two. It was delicious and more than enough food for my boyfriend and myself filled with gems like haggis spring rolls, smoked salmon, oat cakes and Scottish meats and cheeses!

1  Thank leannesophia