“Fantastic place for brunch and other meals.”
Review of Papa Rock Restaurant - CLOSED

Papa Rock Restaurant
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed August 11, 2014 via mobile

We visited Papa Rock twice during our week stay in Aviemore. A superb menu selection even for veggies. A great atmosphere and the decor is like no where else! Definately worth a visit!

Reviewed August 10, 2014

We visited this restaurant on our first and last evenings on holiday in Aviemore, on the recommendation of a friend. On arrival, staff quickly organised a high chair with helium balloon for our wee one, then brought over a colouring sheet and pencils to keep her occupied while we chose our food. The first night I had fish and chips - delicious light beer batter, almost like a tempura batter, and succulent thick haddock which was tastier than the haddock I had at the nearby Happy Haggis chipper. I had spotted dick and custard for pudding which was sheer gluttony but fab! My husband had steak pie and chips and he liked it so much he had it again he second time we visited. Our wee one had a kids box which had a main course, drink, chips, bubbles then ice-cream and a chocolate motorbike (though she wasn't given the motorbike with her ice-cream on our first visit). The second visit I had their seafood platter, which was also delicious but just too much for me to eat - a huge mound of salad under about 5 large pieces of battered salmon and haddock and around 5 pieces of scampi. By the time I'd eaten most of the fish and uncovered the salad I just didn't have room to finish the plate. The staff were all really friendly and obviously genuinely like children - special touches like noticing me say my daughter's name so when the waitress brought her meal she said my daughter's name and taking time to speak to her if they saw she was trying to make eye contact. The rock/motorbike theme is cool and it's a good idea to have a colouring in competition for the kids as even young teens had spent time creating colourful masterpieces which are displayed round the restaurant before being judged.

Reviewed August 9, 2014

Stopped here for a meal.
The first thing you see is the sign over the door
"BE NICE or GO HOME"
A friendly and relaxed atmosphere,
Good size menu to choose from.
Service was good and the food was excellent......you must try there puddings....irresistable.
Reasonably priced.

1  Thank DJones20142014
Reviewed August 8, 2014

We visited as a family of eight (as well as two babies) and everyone across the three generations thoroughly enjoyed our visit. We had the high tea option which is terrific value for money at £11.45. Good choice of main meals on this menu which come with toast, tea/coffee & cakes included.Main meals are a really good portion size and should satisfy even the really hungry. Food was very tasty & well presented.You even get your uneaten cakes home with you if you want to space out your eats.Kids are well catered for with colouring crayons, balloons and kids menu which comes with "happy meal" box. Our waitress ,Gwen, was as good as it gets and looked after us wonderfully well and provided service of the highest quality. A great family friendly feel in the restaurant in general. Music & decoration blend well and you can spend ages spotting album covers from your youth. You could certainly do worse than pay a visit here.

Reviewed August 7, 2014

Great food, amazing service and brilliant for the kids....... a real find. Will definitely be returning next time we are in Aviemore