“man v food!”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed July 8, 2014

What an interesting place, full of rock memorabilia and motorbikes. Spent the evening playing 'guess that tune' with my other half and sneakily chuckling at everyone trying to finish their food. I had a chicken lasagne which I must admit was disappointing - rather bland, I wished I had gone for a burger which was much better. Be prepared to bring your hungry belly though portions are enormous, man vs food could be filmed here no problem!

Reviewed July 4, 2014

If you are with family and love food please visit!!!! The staff are so friendly and the service is fantastic! Plus the cosmos are 5 star!!! Good pub food, great atmosphere, a must when you visit Aviemore!!!

Reviewed July 2, 2014 via mobile

Went here for a late lunch. It was busy but seated quickly. Service was good and staff were friendly.

First time I have been here and would definitely comeback.

Would have gave 5 stars if they hadn't charged for extra cheese on the nachos (which were very nice)

Reviewed July 1, 2014

We were weary from travelling from Isle of Lewis and so pulled into Aviemore for lunch. Not knowing the town we headed for the first reasonable eatery. Initially we went to the Mountain Cafe (next door) but immediately came out again due to the ridiculous queue on the stairs. This turned out to be fortuitous because we went to Papa Rock instead. The staff were very friendly and pleasant and far from being a noisy music venue as the name implies, it was filled with nice old 50's and 60's records playing at a very good background level. The decor reflects the music with LPs on the walls etc.
The menu is quite extensive and the prices reasonable. I had the Scots porridge with honey - delicious- and my wife had a baked potato. She was unable to finish hers because it was so big (a thing that rarely happens to her).
If you are in Aviemore you won't go far wrong visiting the Papa Rock Restaurant.

1  Thank johnboy1066
Reviewed June 30, 2014 via mobile

wonderful food, great family atmosphere, portion sizes are immense, well worth the visit, I drove over 2 hours just to try it out and was in no way disappointed, would highly recommend, cant wait to go back again