We stayed in the Highland Hotel for 3 nights. Check in was a bit of a disaster as you have to check in at the main resort reception which is in another hotel. There was no member of staff in the highland hotel to show us how to get to our room.
The room was clean enough, although just a bit 'tired' looking and in need of a redo. The bed was the most uncomfortable bed I have ever slept in.
The resort itself was fine, our teenagers enjoyed the pool etc. The breakfast was also quite nice. The bar area was modern looking.
Overall it was okay, however don't think we will go back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Relax in style and complete comfort at the 4-star Macdonald Highlands Hotel. With 151 luxury rooms-with-a-view and its own signature restaurant, Aspects, boasting spectacular views of the Cairngorm Mountains, the Highlands Hotel is ideal for discerning business and leisure travelers. For relaxation there's direct access to the Leisure Arena, a TV lounge with comfy sofas and a DVD player, and the cozy Laggan whiskey bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline and Hotel.de so you can book your Highlands Hotel at Macdonald Aviemore Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Macdonald Highlands Aviemore
- Macdonald Highlands Hotel
- Hotel Macdonald Highlands
- Highlands Hotel At Macdonald Aviemore Resort Scotland