First of all, the hotel itself. It's been refurbished reasonably well, and our room (which wasn't ready when we arrived at 14:30) was pleasant enough - although quite small. Strangely, you access the wing we were accommodated in through what feels like a fire escape. The "Aspects" restaurant where we had dinner was quite good; decorated by someone who'd obviously been briefed to make it look like the Malmaison chain, and with a reasonably adventurous Table d'Hote menu, dishes from which are quite elegantly presented by an attentive and friendly staff. It claims to operate a smart/casual dress code, but this didn't extend to jeans (a good job, as it we'd left the tux and tiara at home...). The buffet breakfast was pleasant enough too, with a fair selection of the usual cooked stuff and cereals.
However, our stay was rather spoiled by the members of a fluffy fuchsia pink cowboy hat-wearing hen party, who made a sleep-shattering noise between 01:30 and 04:30. I can only assume that the excitement of spending a night in a place with carpeting and cutlery was too exciting for them, and over-stimulated them to the point where they deprived their fellow guests of a night's rest.
Would I go back? Only with a pair of ear plugs.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Relax in style and complete comfort at the 4-star Macdonald Highlands Hotel. With 151 luxury rooms-with-a-view and its own signature restaurant, Aspects, boasting spectacular views of the Cairngorm Mountains, the Highlands Hotel is ideal for discerning business and leisure travellers. For relaxation there's direct access to Aviemore Activity Centre, a TV lounge with comfy sofas and a DVD player, and the cozy Laggan whisky bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotels.com, Agoda, Cancelon, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Macdonald Highlands Hotel at Macdonald Aviemore Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Macdonald Highlands Aviemore
- Macdonald Highlands Hotel At Macdonald Aviemore Resort Scotland
- Hotel Macdonald Highlands