We stayed at the Highland Hotel for one night in July 2009. The setting for it is beautiful and promised so much. However, once we actually got to our hotel, we were asked to enter by a side door / fire escape that we used for the rest of our stay - not sure why there isn't a main door to go in and the lay out is weird. The hotel looks unfinished - doors are still not completed, door frames have big chunks out of them and it just looks like it could do with being refurbished. However, the room was comfy enough although a little dark. Some of the staff were really friendly and professional, however we had to order room service twice as a bottle of wine we ordered never arrived. The worst part of the trip was a particularly rude and unenthusiastic bar maid who looked like she was doing you a favour by serving us. We asked her for a wine list and she waved over in the general direction of somewhere and told us to get it ourselves. She never cracked a smile once and was, well basically, rude, and should not have been in a position where she was welcoming people to the bar. We ordered 3 drinks later on - 2 glasses of wine and a double baileys - and the bill came to a very expensive £22!!! The Baileys was tiny - one mouthful - and I went and asked if it had been a double, she said that it was but I am not convinced! The food in the restaurant was lovely, however, and restaurant staff very friendly - they shoul maybe teach the bar maid some things about manners and professionalism. We also went to the spa for spa treatments, which were just lovely and the ladies that worked there very friendly and professional. Overall, however, I've stayed in nicer hotels and won't be back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Relax in style and complete comfort at the 4-star Macdonald Highlands Hotel. With 151 luxury rooms-with-a-view and its own signature restaurant, Aspects, boasting spectacular views of the Cairngorm Mountains, the Highlands Hotel is ideal for discerning business and leisure travelers. For relaxation there's direct access to the Leisure Arena, a TV lounge with comfy sofas and a DVD player, and the cozy Laggan whiskey bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Hotel.de, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Highlands Hotel at Macdonald Aviemore Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Macdonald Highlands Aviemore
- Macdonald Highlands Hotel
- Hotel Macdonald Highlands
- Highlands Hotel At Macdonald Aviemore Resort Scotland