Just back from a half term adventure at the Macdonald Highlands hotel with my wife and two boys (14 and 11). We had an excellent stay. The activity manager was outstanding in helping us arrange a range of excellent activities - climbing, shooting, quad biking and cycling. The hotel staff were friendly and attentive. The food at Aspects was outstanding and good value - and the Scottish breakfast very welcome. Malt whisky tasting in the bar by the fire, swimming in the great pool complex and brousing the shopping area made the time pass too quickly. Although the rooms were quite small they were well presented and very comfortable - no problems sleeping! I strongly recommend it as a centre for an exciting break.
Ian - London.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Relax in style and complete comfort at the 4-star Macdonald Highlands Hotel. With 151 luxury rooms-with-a-view and its own signature restaurant, Aspects, boasting spectacular views of the Cairngorm Mountains, the Highlands Hotel is ideal for discerning business and leisure travellers. For relaxation there's direct access to Aviemore Activity Centre, a TV lounge with comfy sofas and a DVD player, and the cozy Laggan whisky bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Macdonald Highlands Hotel at Macdonald Aviemore Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Macdonald Highlands Aviemore
- Macdonald Highlands Hotel At Macdonald Aviemore Resort Scotland
- Hotel Macdonald Highlands