The hotel is a part of a big resort complex. The location is amazing and the complex itself has everything from a golf course to a cinema and from a shopping mall to a mini water park. The hotel is only about a 30 minute drive from Cairngorms National Park and many Lochs which are great for a BBQ. The steam trains and main town of Aviemore are within 10 minutes wlalking distance. The rooms are large and the views are great. They have spared no comfort in the room and the hotel was the best one I have stayed at in the UK. There are some great restaurants nearby (the Italian and Indian restaurants are particularly good) and the towns only nightclub right across. Last of all, the hotel is completely value for money for a 4 star resort and the facilities provided. I would definitely stay here again!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Relax in style and complete comfort at the 4-star Macdonald Highlands Hotel. With 151 luxury rooms-with-a-view and its own signature restaurant, Aspects, boasting spectacular views of the Cairngorm Mountains, the Highlands Hotel is ideal for discerning business and leisure travelers. For relaxation there's direct access to the Leisure Arena, a TV lounge with comfy sofas and a DVD player, and the cozy Laggan whiskey bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotel.de, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Highlands Hotel at Macdonald Aviemore Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Macdonald Highlands Aviemore
- Macdonald Highlands Hotel
- Hotel Macdonald Highlands
- Highlands Hotel At Macdonald Aviemore Resort Scotland