We have just had another lovely weekend in Aviemore at the MacDonald Highlands Hotel. This is one of our favourite places to stay and it certainly was as good this time as any other time we have stayed.
Nice large , warm room with a very comfy bed and all the amenities required for a pleasant stay.
The food was excellent as usual with the breakfast buffet being the perfect start to the day. The leisure facilities are really good with the swimming pool being the place to have some family fun when the weather turns sour.
It is good to see the same familiar faces when we stay there . The guys up there do a great job in what i can imagine could be a pretty hectic place. Gina was on holiday this time but Gordon and Hanna at the front desk were very welcoming and helpful during our stay. A big shout has to go out to Colin the breakfast chef who made sure the buffet was kept topped up.
We hope to be back up again soon.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Relax in style and complete comfort at the 4-star Macdonald Highlands Hotel. With 151 luxury rooms-with-a-view and its own signature restaurant, Aspects, boasting spectacular views of the Cairngorm Mountains, the Highlands Hotel is ideal for discerning business and leisure travelers. For relaxation there's direct access to the Leisure Arena, a TV lounge with comfy sofas and a DVD player, and the cozy Laggan whiskey bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Travelocity, Hotel.de, Booking.com, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Highlands Hotel at Macdonald Aviemore Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Macdonald Highlands Aviemore
- Macdonald Highlands Hotel
- Hotel Macdonald Highlands
- Highlands Hotel At Macdonald Aviemore Resort Scotland