Stayed a couple of nights in a family room. Nice double bed with camp beds for the kids. All sparkling and dandy.
Really good buffet breakfast.
Good sized and pleasant pool open 8-8 with slide open half time for core hours. Wave machine not working when we were there. Small sauna and steam room free too, though could have been hotter.
Staff all friendly and helpful.
Just a 5 mins walk to Aviemore, which has decent choice of placed to eat and drink.
Glad we stayed at the Highland rather than the Academy hotel on same complex where the kids club is and where they tend to direct families. Well worth the modest extra fee per night.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Relax in style and complete comfort at the 4-star Macdonald Highlands Hotel. With 151 luxury rooms-with-a-view and its own signature restaurant, Aspects, boasting spectacular views of the Cairngorm Mountains, the Highlands Hotel is ideal for discerning business and leisure travellers. For relaxation there's direct access to Aviemore Activity Centre, a TV lounge with comfy sofas and a DVD player, and the cozy Laggan whisky bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotwire and TripOnline SA so you can book your Macdonald Highlands Hotel at Macdonald Aviemore Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Macdonald Highlands Aviemore
- Macdonald Highlands Hotel At Macdonald Aviemore Resort Scotland
- Hotel Macdonald Highlands