We went to Aviemore for a ski-ing trip and enjoyed our stay at the Mcdonalds hotel.
Room was very comfortable and breakfast was great.
Also nice to have pool for use after ski-ing.
Restaurant food was also good although it would have been nicer if there was a little more variety. Service was also good but be felt dinner was a little rushed. (guess this is because we were there mid week so not many people around but staff were used to high turnover of customers in busier times)
Overall it was a relaxing experience and we had a great time. It was also really good value and we would certainly use it again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Relax in style and complete comfort at the 4-star Macdonald Highlands Hotel. With 151 luxury rooms-with-a-view and its own signature restaurant, Aspects, boasting spectacular views of the Cairngorm Mountains, the Highlands Hotel is ideal for discerning business and leisure travelers. For relaxation there's direct access to the Leisure Arena, a TV lounge with comfy sofas and a DVD player, and the cozy Laggan whiskey bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotel.de and Priceline so you can book your Highlands Hotel at Macdonald Aviemore Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Macdonald Highlands Aviemore
- Macdonald Highlands Hotel
- Hotel Macdonald Highlands
- Highlands Hotel At Macdonald Aviemore Resort Scotland