The Highland is based on a complex almost as big as the town itself. The resort has a central reception and the Highland is in the block furthest from the entry road.
The room was okay but didn't come with most of the amenities it was supposed to as listed on both hotel and Expedia website. No DVD player, CD player, premuim TV channels etc. Not what you'd expect from supposed 4 star. Bed was good though and we didn't spend too much time in the room to be bothered by lack of 'gadgets'. Also didn't want to waste time going back to reception to complain and also with not having web access there was nothing apart from my memory to confirm these features were actually missing.
Breakfast was excellent buffet-style though busy.
We also didn't use the gym / pool but they looked quite good, and instead prefered to just walk the 5 mins into the village. Also we used the town's pubs and restaurants rather than those in the hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Relax in style and complete comfort at the 4-star Macdonald Highlands Hotel. With 151 luxury rooms-with-a-view and its own signature restaurant, Aspects, boasting spectacular views of the Cairngorm Mountains, the Highlands Hotel is ideal for discerning business and leisure travelers. For relaxation there's direct access to the Leisure Arena, a TV lounge with comfy sofas and a DVD player, and the cozy Laggan whiskey bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Hotel.de, Priceline, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Highlands Hotel at Macdonald Aviemore Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Macdonald Highlands Aviemore
- Macdonald Highlands Hotel
- Hotel Macdonald Highlands
- Highlands Hotel At Macdonald Aviemore Resort Scotland