“Monkey Around!”
Review of TreeZone Aviemore

TreeZone Aviemore
Ranked #11 of 46 things to do in Aviemore
More attraction details
Owner description: High in the trees at Rothiemurchus, TreeZone is the ultimate Aerial Adventure Course.Zip wires, balance beams, hanging platforms, tightropes, scramble nets, white-knuckle bridges and gap jumps are set in the ancient Caledonian Pines of the Cairngorm Mountains. TreeZone is an unforgettable activity for adventurers of all ages.
Useful Information: Lockers / storage, Activities for older children
Reviewed August 7, 2013

I was coheres into it by my 11 year old daughter who is fearless, but it was great fun all around and he higher Buzzard trail is a good work out for the arms! We will be back.

Reviewed July 30, 2013

My wife and ten year old daughter may have bitten off more than they could chew on our visit last week. Both only made it round the very first part of the course and opted to climb down after only 30 mins onsite.
Staff were very helpful and encouraging and offered another shot round the initial stages.
I understand that it was entirely their own decision to opt out of the increasingly challenging obstacles but it would have been nice to have the option of a taster.

Why not introduce a taster session with a lower price point to encourage people into taking the challenge.

1  Thank Peter D
Reviewed July 26, 2013

My husband, son & daughter did the tree zone on our holiday. They are 50, 16 & 8 and all of them got so much out of it! Our daughter just did the tree creeper (first part) and although she was scared, with lots of encouragement from Moray she got round and was so proud of herself. It was my husband's first time on it and he wasn't sure but he thought it was great! It's good to know the staff are always on hand, they were friendly & professional.

Reviewed July 21, 2013 via mobile

We thought this might be aimed at kids but as a young couple we enjoyed it and there were also many adults taking part, it is quite challenging but fun. Only downside was we couldn't complete it as fast as we would have liked due to slower people in front and then having to wait 10 mins for equipment for the zip wire at the end to be brought up.

Reviewed July 18, 2013

We were looking for something to entertain 2 teens (and one nearly-teen) and decided that Treezone would fit the bill. It was a good decision. We all (46 and 51 year-olds, as well as the older kids mentioned earlier) took part, and although some bits were challenging, it's a great way for all the family to spend a couple of hours . The staff are great- very enthusiastic and helpful. They get you all harnessed up, then give you an explanation of what's ahead. In our group we had a young girl who wasn't too sure so one of the staff accompanied her round the course, helping and advising all the way so she could complete it.

You cut your teeth on the Treecreeper course, which introduces your to the basic techniques required for the Obstacles. Its still enough of a challenge and if you don't feel you're up to the Buzzard, you can repeat the Treecreeper, rather than move on to the higher Buzzard course.

The Buzzard is great fun, and presents a few tricky obstacles (although the teens in our group declared it "a walk in the park". For those who are slightly older or don't have the confidence of youth, it's enough of a challenge to take you out of your comfort zone, but not too difficult to be too daunting.

Safety is the name of the game at all times and even though you might wobble on a few of the obstacles, you're never in any danger. I don't have the greatest balance in the world, but I managed to conquer my fear of balance beams and navigated the logs successfully every time.

The reward is a zipline descent at the end which returns you to the forest floor. This was one of the highlights for me, although I enjoyed all the obstacles, despite a few hairy moments (never thought I'd hear myself say that). I was on an adrenaline high for the rest of the afternoon, and wouldn't hesitate to repeat the experience. It's suitable for all members of the family (min height 1.3m for the Buzzard course) and is hugely enjoyable, so if you're looking for something to do that will entertain everyone in the family, then Treezone should definitely make it onto your hit-list.

1  Thank LabradorFan123