“Great Indian food”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed July 21, 2013 via mobile

The staff were great, very friendly. Had a meal for 4, 2 were vegetarians and they had plenty of choice. Having been to India before I can say the food here was amazing. I had the tandoori mixed grill and it was very good quality, as was the saag aloo!

1  Thank DaveyG1234

Reviewed July 14, 2013

Visited tonight while in Aviemore for weekend with family and meal was amazing. Great choice, great service with friendly waiters. Loved the fact that i ordered the Chicken Tilla Chasni for my 12 yr old daughter ( usually her fav dish)and when the waiter realised it was for 1 of the kids came back to explain it was quite a hot and spicy dish and made alternative suggestions which weren't soo hot- she loved the new dish. I had the Chasni and it was definately too hot for my daughter.

1  Thank HelenD01
Reviewed July 12, 2013

We ate here a couple of years ago and went again to see if it was as good as we had remembered. It was! The tikka starters and prawn purree were fab but the attraction was the king prawn curry with almond and cream. Full of prawns and delicious.

1  Thank martini5655
Reviewed July 8, 2013

We were in Avimore for a short break and fancied a curry so we decided we'd get a carry-out.
The only reason I'm marking down on the service is because they don't deliver, however this didn't stop us as we phoned a local cab firm who collected the food for us.
We were a party of five and are all curry addicts, this was the best we'd tasted in years!!
Every mouthful of every dish was yummy.
Wish they would open another one in Aberdeen.

Reviewed June 30, 2013

The Royal Tandoori is a stopping off place for my wife and I in Aviemore. Yet to have a worse than very good meal here. Fairly extensive and interesting menu and is very popular with holidaymakers. I do like the Moghul Shajon which is a very good value for money meal. The curries here are well spiced according to taste and very good value compared to what you can expect pay in larger towns. Staff are courteous and helpful. Definitely a restaurant to have on your hit list