“Good family day” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Speyside Wildlife

Speyside Wildlife
Ranked #4 of 16 Tours in Aviemore
More attraction details
Owner description: Speyside Wildlife, the Scottish tour operator, offers wildlife watching experiences to suit everyone. We run fully inclusive, fully guided, bird, whale and mammal watching holidays, in Scotland and around the world, for enthusiasts of every ability, plus tailor-made wildlife watching tours of any length to suit your requirements. Visit our evening mammal watching hides in the Cairngorms National Park for close up and personal views of Pine Marten, Badgers and more! Accredited by VisitScotland, Green Tourism Business Scheme and Wild Scotland.
Dundee, United Kingdom
“Good family day”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2012

Kids loved it, plenty of animals to see and as it was Beautiful day enjoyed a Great picnic. On the day we were there plenty of staff out and about happy to answer questions and good with the kids

Visited August 2012

Keighley
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 126 helpful votes
“3rd visit and still great”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2012 via mobile

We went on Wednesday 25th July and weren't sure if the wildlife would be as good as Spring. Amazingly it was better! We were sat down just after 9pm and within 45 minutes saw the red deer. A Doe, a young one from last year and a 'Bambi' then came to feed just 2 feet away. These left and the male Pine Martin arrived to eat from the table. This left but was followed by 7 Badgers, all at the front window at one point, just feet away. Unbelieveable. The hide was comfortable as usual, the guide was friendly and knowledgeable, and they now sell pine martin badges at £2 for a souvenir. If you accept that not every night will be a success and can live with the chance of a no show, this has to be one of the best chances you'll ever get to see the wildlife that everyone wants to see. Highly recommended as usual. Take a torch for the walk back to the car!

1 Thank toptravellerKeighley
Macduff, United Kingdom
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“The Buists Visit”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2012

My son Matthew (14) and myself(slightly older but 14 at heart) had an absolutely brialliant evening with our host John last night.Initially only the wood mice were visalble but after approx 50 minutes the woods around the hide became alive with activity .We were treated to a fly bye by a Buzzard ,6 of the local badger family who came within approx 1 ft of the hide for the prospects of a belly full of nuts and sultanas and the male pine martin who also liked the sultanas ,nuts and had a soft spot for the peanut butter which John had put out for him.Overall a very enjoyable night and one we hope to do again.John was also very informative and all to willing to pass his extensive knowledge onto us and answered all our questions and queries.Fabulous ,super ,smashing ,great.Thanks John.

Visited July 2012
1 Thank Matty B
London, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Fantastic evening”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2012

Having booked a month in advance online (very easy), I tried not to get too excited about the evening - I hoped that maybe a badger would turn up. I needn't have had low expectations, by the end of the evening I'd seen Red Deer, with fawns, badgers, wood mice and two pine martens. in addition a Woodcock flew over a couple of times and towards midnight bats started to make the most of the insects attracted by the lights. I saw all of this from a comfy, heated hide.
The guide was informative and let us know when she had spotted something approaching on the cameras.
I had a fantastic evening & next time I am in the Cairngorms this will be the firs thing I book.

Visited June 2012
1 Thank JoelRawlings
Morpeth, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Wildlife up close”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2012

I was going to write a poor review so that next time I am in the area I would be assured of a place at the hide but that would be unfair. So at the risk of finding they are fully booked when I want to go again here goes…. If you sit at home watching ‘ Springwatch’ and think to yourself how fantastic it would be to be nose-to-nose with our native wildlife then book a visit to this hide and you’ll not be disappointed. You are met by the guide and walk a short distance to a hide that I would describe as ‘5 star’. You will have to wait until the sun sets but make no mistake the wait is well worth it. On the night I was there we watched 7 badgers snuffling peanuts within a metre of the window of the hide and when they had finished red deer turned up. I have seen many red deer on my visits to Scotland but to get this close was just wonderful. Then our guide alerted us to ‘in coming’ pine martens. We then had the privilege of watching 2 of these rare and elusive creatures feeding right in front of our eyes, an experience I will never forget. Our guide gave us lots of background information about what we were witnessing and answered our questions, although to tell you the truth once the ‘wildlife’ started to turn up we were all too focused on what was going on around the hide to harass our guide with distracting chat. If you want to experience what Chris Packham must feel like working for the BBC then book yourself a place ….. but please leave a seat for me.

Visited June 2012