“Mountain Cafe - I love you!”
Review of Mountain Cafe

Mountain Cafe
Ranked #1 of 1 Dessert in Aviemore
Cuisines: New Zealand
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Takeout
Description: We use some of Scotland's best local produce to create healthy, wholesome & interesting food with a Kiwi twist. We opened our doors in 2004 and have been gaining awards and accolades for our antipodean style coffees, delicious breakfasts, superb lunches & fresh home baking ever since. Our service is friendly & casual with a professional team from all over the world. The café offers excellent views of the Cairngorm Mountains - enjoy our balcony area during summer and the cosy log burner to sit by during the winter months. All the pictures are of our food - why not come in and sample our hospitality when you are in the area next?
Inverness, Scotland, United Kingdom
“Mountain Cafe - I love you!”
Reviewed August 30, 2014

I live 30 mins away and cannot believe I have never heard of this place.
Oh my Goodness! I love it!!!!
Yes you have to wait - I was aware of that and made a trip early - only had to wait about 20mins.

It was worth the wait - I can see why - the food was superb. I had spicy lentil veggie burger - THE BEST VEGGIE BURGER EVER! Seasoned, herb chips on the side and coleslaw that is out of this world!!!!!!!!!!
The staff were very friendly and bought cakes to take home. Caters for vegetarians, vegans, gluten free. All the cakes were vegetarian.
Will be sure to make another trip there.

Inverness, United Kingdom
“Best Scones Ever”
Reviewed August 28, 2014

Called in for Coffee and cakes this morning. Yes, we did have to wait for a table, and yes, the service is a bit slow but it is really worth it. We only had drinks and scones, but the Savoury scone I had is one of the nicest I've ever tasted. Coffee was brilliant too. Very difficult to find drinkable coffee nowadays. Meals that were being dished out to other customers looked amazing. Menu was varied with some unusual dishes on it. View from windows was stunning. Will definitely be back to sample the meals.

dundee
“Nice Lunch”
Reviewed August 28, 2014

Excellent soup.. Unusual menu. Had to queue but that shows you how popular and good it is. nothing to dislike

Visited August 2014
Perth, United Kingdom
“OK but not really going the extra mile...”
Reviewed August 27, 2014

We have been to the Mountain Cafe maybe a couple of times a year over the last 5 or 6 years but the last few times we have been we have left a little disappointed. We called in on Good Friday on our way home from a holiday planning to have morning coffee and hot cross buns - a family treat we had been looking forward to, only to be told they had sold out - this was 11am at the latest. Our most recent visit - on the way north for a few days camping - we planned to call in for breakfast and had checked the menu on their website before hand to save time. It was my birthday. I don't eat cooked breakfasts but loved the sound of the warm banana loaf with salted caramel sauce, banana etc etc. When we looked at the menu it wasn't on the menu in the cafe. I asked the waitress if it was available and she said no. So I just had coffee and the others had bacon rolls - nice but ordinary. When we paid at the till there was banana loaf in the cakes section - which is quite an amazing array of tasty looking bakes. I would have expected the kind of service where a waitress would go back to the kitchen and ask if a customer can be served something off the menu they had especially asked for even if the answer was then still no or if they could make a simpler version. By the way the menu on the website still shows the banana bread and is titled Winter 2014....which it will be again soon. It's not hard to keep web pages up to date.

1 Thank MaJu714
Warrington
“Amazeballs place”
Reviewed August 27, 2014 via mobile

Breakfast was amazing we wanted to sit on the verandah in the sun but waitress kindly informed us the wasps were really bad outside....how kind of her she could have let us go out there to make sure all tables filled but she never.
Food very varied and plentiful and the cakes are out of this world.

Comments re busy on 24th August...well just goes to show how popular the place is so speaks volumes about the place so look at is as a positive not negative. There were also 3 thousand motor bikers in Aviemore that day besides other tourists so unfair not to have pointed this out on negative comment