“Worth the wait! ”

Ranked #1 of 1 Dessert in Aviemore
Cuisines: New Zealand
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Takeout
Description: We use some of Scotland's best local produce to create healthy, wholesome & interesting food with a Kiwi twist. We opened our doors in 2004 and have been gaining awards and accolades for our antipodean style coffees, delicious breakfasts, superb lunches & fresh home baking ever since. Our service is friendly & casual with a professional team from all over the world. The café offers excellent views of the Cairngorm Mountains - enjoy our balcony area during summer and the cosy log burner to sit by during the winter months. All the pictures are of our food - why not come in and sample our hospitality when you are in the area next?
“Worth the wait! ”
Reviewed August 14, 2014 via mobile

Firstly- do not be put off by what might be a reasonable wait for a table- it is worth it!
We visited twice during our stay in Aviemore. First for cake and tea where we were spoilt for choice with an amazing selection of cakes and lots of options for my gluten and dairy free brother. Their beetroot and chocolate cake is to die for and I really wish cakes were calorie free so I could try them all.
Our second visit was for lunch and this was one of our best meals during our stay. The paninis and fritters were great and the burgers were also very good. The ambience here is great and if I didn't live nearly 8 hours away I would be here everyday. Superb!

Macclesfield, United Kingdom
“Best breakfast in Scotland”
Reviewed August 13, 2014

We got into the cafe before the lunchtime rush and got seated straight away. Cooked breakfasts all round. Delicious food and friendly service. We will definitely return.

• Visited August 2014
“Best coffee in a long time”
Reviewed August 13, 2014

Trust me its worth the wait if there is a queue... Coffee is fantastic, food is brilliant and the home-baking really is made on the premises and is as good as it looks... Enjoy, we did and will again!

Visited August 2014
London, United Kingdom
“Good breakfast, poor service”
Reviewed August 12, 2014 via mobile

Great food but visit spoilt by the slow and slightly grumpy service. Even though the food was great, service would put me off visiting again.

3 Thank isitmorgan
“Good food but . . . ”
Reviewed August 12, 2014 via mobile

Having heard so many good reports about the mountain cafe and this visit being my 4th attempt at getting a table I was left disappointed. Perhaps if it hadn't been built up so much by others I may have felt differently. On sitting down it took over 25 mins to get our coffees (not what you want first thing on a Sunday morning), food was good (breakfast) but not sure if service and wait are worth it. Probably won't return. Had children with us and felt like we were being ignored - people that were seated after us getting their orders taken and drinks/food arriving before ours. It was beginning to feel frustrating. Eventually I had to get off my seat and ask for our order to be taken which it then was. Even paying was a slow struggle.