“fantastic home made food”

Mountain Cafe Aviemore
Ranked #1 of 1 Dessert in Aviemore
Cuisines: New Zealand
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Takeout
Description: We use some of Scotland's best local produce to create healthy, wholesome & interesting food with a Kiwi twist. We opened our doors in 2004 and have been gaining awards and accolades for our antipodean style coffees, delicious breakfasts, superb lunches & fresh home baking ever since. Our service is friendly & casual with a professional team from all over the world. The café offers excellent views of the Cairngorm Mountains - enjoy our balcony area during summer and the cosy log burner to sit by during the winter months. All the pictures are of our food - why not come in and sample our hospitality when you are in the area next?
Reviewed December 7, 2012

not cheap - but great tasting food. home made soups,home made breads/scones,cakes. best soup we have ever tasted !

Write a ReviewReviews (1,447)

Reviewed December 6, 2012 via mobile

Fab as usual, good service, impressed to see smaller portion choices on the menu, as sometimes portions were too huge and it also makes it slightly less expensive. Zucchini and carrot cake with lemon topping was excellent.

Reviewed December 3, 2012 via mobile

Went here after seeing the ripadvisor reviews. Had coffee (a mocha) and a choc coconut cake and carrot cake (was sharing with my husband) both were fab. Staff could have been a bit more smiley though.

Reviewed December 2, 2012

The only thing I am disappointed about is that I haven't tried this restaurant sooner! My husband, son and I visited here three times in the last week and the food was so delicious. I had Cullen skink, my son had kids special which was great and made a change from deep fried everything that you so often find on a kids menu. My husband had the breakfast stack which was the best fry up presentation I have seen. Extensive delicious cake selection, they made a real effort with the food selection. they also make oils and chutneys which looked delicious and nicely packaged to buy. I would say however that they could work a little bit on their customer service. A smile, welcoming hello can go a long way.

Reviewed December 1, 2012

Really lovely soup and coffee. Nice to find somewhere good to eat, which would definitely encourage me to return to sample the cakes, which looked amazing.