“Woof,Woof!”

Cairngorm Sleddog Centre
Ranked #11 of 18 Tours in Aviemore
Reviewed July 20, 2012

Fantastic!
Educational and Fun ~ Fantastic half-day spent with the The Stewarts, but if you're there in winter get thoroughly wrapped up because it can get mighty chilly!

Reviewed July 6, 2012

its fun u can help put the harneses on the dogs but its a bit expensive if u want to bring ur kids

Reviewed May 28, 2012

this is a beautiful area to visit and seeing the reindeer and sleddogs too was also an experience worth seeing

Reviewed May 13, 2012

a long walk to where the sleddog centre is based but surrounded by beautiful scenery,noisy smelly beautiful dogs,(dont wear your best clothes)the lady who owned the dogs gave us a tour and chat about how they use the dogs,very informative,the dogs are lovely,however they are working dogs and you are told to keep kids back from certain ones,was a pleasure to visit,

Reviewed April 30, 2012

We are a family of dog lovers and have wanted to visit the Aviemore husky dogs for ages. Last year we tried in vain but twice the owners knocked us back, so when my mother in law came over to the UK from Australia to visit us, we thought that a trip to see the huskies would be a perfect gift. We booked the visit at least 3 or 4 weeks in advance by phone and were assured by the owner that if they needed to cancel we would be told the day before the actual visit. Our appointment was on friday the 27th of april at 2.00pm.I had already asked about the viability of my 5 year old son doing the visit and was told that it was fine, he would love it. We had our hotel booked and everyone was raring to go. The day before we left we were informed by text that our visit was being cancelled due to flooding but that we could reschedule for the following afternoon.I voiced my concern that the flood situation was not likely to improve in 24 hours and was very suprised to be told that it was fine and I could make an appointment for the following afternoon. Then 1 hour before our visit we received another text cancelling again. To say that we were upset would be putting it mildly but the fact that the company could not even be bothered to call us, in fact went out of their way to communicate by text once they were cancelling was the most galling. We also got this totally insulting text saying that it would be better to come next year as our son would be old enough to enjoy it. Excuse me but I had made absolutely certain that it was an appropriate trip for my son and was strongly assured that it was by the owner, the same person that was now texting me this rubbish about his age suitability. If you factor in that last year we were cancelled twice also for what we thought sounded like pretty bogus excuses, it begs the question, what do you have to do to see a husky in Aviemore??? Extremely cheesed off about the lateness of the second cancellation, the fact that we didn't rate a phone call to apologise and mostly for trying to act like my sons age was a mitigating factor in us being treated like total chumps. We will not be trying to visit for a fifth time like the owner suggested we should. Go to see the reindeer instead. They really are there, ready to be seen and to interact with. If you are looking for a reliable company, then the Aviemore husky sled dog company are not the ones for you. AVOID.

17  Thank caroline m