“A very thrilling experience, but a few teething problems”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Full On Adventure

Full On Adventure
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Full On Adventure, Aviemore based provider of great outdoor activities.We provide a wide range of adventure activities and wild adventure journeys. Our Aviemore based adventures include River Tubing (White Water Adventure tubing), White Water Rafting, Canyoning, River Touring Kayak and Canoe trips, ww kayak coaching, sea kayaking, guided mountain biking, Nordic XC Ski hire and lessons, Alpine and Back Country Skiing or Snow Boarding lessons and guiding, Winter Skills courses, Adventure Training and Corporate adventure activities. We also run a number of adventurous multi day trips to various locations. We pride ourselves on having a highly skilled team of qualified guides, only the best quality equipment and extra warm gear for when it's not the sunny paradise that is the Scottish Highlands.
West Wittering, United Kingdom
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 36 helpful votes
“A very thrilling experience, but a few teething problems”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2012

We arrived in good timing, but went to the wrong car park [we were supposed to go to the one next to it, but this was not clear], but this was easily found after a quick phone call. We were then taken to a funny hut (13:50) which had been divided into changing rooms, and were given item after item (wetsuit, 2 pairs of socks, waterproof shoes, 2 jackets, a life jacket and a helmet), and it took forever to get dressed. The clothing was slightly uncomfortable, but it was ok. We then waited for a while, signed some forms and headed a few miles up to the road on a truck. We then had to walk for a very long time, carrying the bulky rings - we were told that it would be a 10 minute walk, but it was actually closer to half an hour.

When we got to the right point on the river, the instructor explained how to sit and paddle, and then we finally got into the water - I was astonished that it was already 15:35 at this stage, given that it was advertised as starting at 14:00.

I was slightly disappointed that we could only go one at a time for most of it, and that we kept stopping, as I imagined 2 hours of solid riding, but it was very fun when we were riding, especially the rapids, although on one of them I fell out of the ring for most of it, and the currents seemed to almost drown me at a deep bit.

At one point, we climbed up a rock and jumped off it, several metres, into a deep bit of river below - this was rather thrilling.

I was slightly puzzled when we came out of the water at 16:55, 1 hour and 20 minutes after getting in, rather than 2 hours, but then again nothing seemed to run to time, so take any timings that they state with a pinch of salt!

At the end, it was nice that we finished off near to the truck to be driven back to the hut.

It would have been nice if there were showers at the hut, but you can't have it all!

Then the instructor made an effort to take photos and videos when we were going down, and offered us a memory stick with some photos and videos on it for £7.50, when we presented our own, he let us have them for free, which was a bonus.

Overall, I would recommend this as a thrilling activity for all ages, and it should be noted that although I did everything, everything is optional [there are always ways to avoid anything that you don't want to do], so no need to shy off booking over 1 or 2 little things.

Visited October 2012
scotkayakjohn, Owner at Full On Adventure, responded to this review, October 27, 2012
thanks for the feedback. there is a 'getting to us' link at the bottom of every page of our website, but if we need to do something else to help people find us please let me know. I think maybe you used your sat nav to find us, and the post code on a sat nav takes you to a large area as the post code covers a number of buildings and car parks. Our changing rooms and base are marked with a clear sign on the road from Aviemore and I think the directions on our website are good. I think this one is a case of over reliance on sat nav but if we can help more let me know.

As this was at the end of Oct, we like to give people lots of extra layers to keep them warm, I the Summer you don't need the extra layers as our 5mm wetsuits, wetsuit socks and shoes are enough. good to know we give and extra wetsuit jacket and paddle jacket when cold as well as gloves so you can be warm even in colder weather. We spend a lot on making sure our gear is better than other providers of watersports in Scotland.

The activity does involve a walk of 10-15 minutes from car park to put in, depending on fitness etc, but we see that as a great part of the activity as in such as beautiful place. We cannot drive that as there is not Vehical access. The time on the water depends on a number of factors such as how much rain and hense river levels and speed, how many people in the group and weather and so on. in a small group the time on the river is less but you also don't have to wait so much of other people so still awesome fun and a bit more continuous action wise. It's obviously hard to explain to people in advance how long everything takes but as a guide the time needed including walk up from car park is upto 2 hours, but what an awesome thing it is, so the time taken is not that critical in terms of the fun factor.

I hope that helps as we are trying to deliver the best possible experience.

Fort William, United Kingdom
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“Walking in Aviemore”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2012

Great area to walk, round Loch Morlich and Loch An Eilann are wonderful! Also enjoyed walking up to the Green Loch which really is green!

Inverness, United Kingdom
“adventure river tubing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2012

This is my second time doing this amazing activity and I cant wait to do it again. Rob your experience and knowledge of the river made our day so much fun. If I am honest it was worth every penny, then to top it all we got our videos and photos on a memory stick .Keep up the good work and we will see you when the snow comes. Cheers Mate see you soon...

Dover, United Kingdom
“Adventure River Tubing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2012

Great fun time. Thanks to Rob and Stephen (leaders) - Very conscientious. Definitely, would do it again. And, thanks for the photos on the memory stick.

Visited July 2012
Aboyne, United Kingdom
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Kayaking on the Spey”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2012

My dad and I booked our adventure on the Spey during our short break in Aviemore. Having only ever kayaked on a flat loch before, this was perhaps a little ambitious. We joined in for one day with a couple who were doing the 5 day course, going from Aviemore to the sea. All staff were very friendly and helpful. The kit we got to wear was almost new and in great condition. Even though there was a mix up (we had been told by the booking agent that we were to be provided with lunch, but no one had told Full On Adventure), it was sorted out straight away. Our instructor was great, and we were soon remembering what we had learned a few years ago and were off down the Spey. It was all in all a fantastic day. I would definitely book activities with this company again.

Visited August 2012