Stayed in the Eagle Lodge (175 Dalnabay) in early November 2010. The purpose of the trip was, as titled above a jolly boys weekend, somewhat akin to a stag / hen trip with 10 adults total.
We had booked another '4 star' accomodation in the Silverglades property but were 'upgraded' to this property at 175 Dalnabay. Some of our party had stayed at the other eagle class property of the site. The difference being 175 is two (small) semi detached houses knocked into one. This does not have the character of a large style bungalow. There are four small bedrooms and a couch bed. The bedrooms are just not big enough. On the flip side the new living room/ kitchen is very large but for the most part it is wasted space. Bigger bedrooms and another toilet (Three total but only one which was not en-suite) would have came in handy. On the plus side the sauna was put to good use.
The location of this property is ideal, at least in a sense. It is a short walk into the centre of town via a footpath (it is unlit at night and partly runs alongside a small river). The downside to this is because of the road layout a much longer journey is required. A taxi ride is roughly £10, each way.
There are a couple more downsides here and worth taking note of. Although advertised as a 10 sleeper it does not have enough essentials to carry this off. There are not enough cups, glasses, knives, forks, plates, pots, pans etc to support a party of 10. There was not enough toilet roll or any complimentary soaps, shampoos or even washing up liquid (remember this is an expensive property and is supposedly 4 star whatever that is). Didnt even have any salt or pepper. There is also no spare bedding of any kind and one set of bedding had no covers. The property has one TV.
This all sounds a bit doom and gloom and I don't really mean it to be it just that for such an expensive property is was a bit of a let down. It struggles to cope with its advertised capacity. I would not recommend this for a family stay. And as for stag / hen parties I guess it will just about do. There is however, better value to be had elsewhere.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We have 28 stylish, 3 & 4 star self catering holiday homes in Aviemore, each with their own private garden, BBQ, patio area, private parking and fully equipped to meet all your holiday needs. To ensure your stay is a happy and pleasurable one we have staff on site at our reception to offer friendly support and information on the area and activities. Any day check-in and 2 nights breaks. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Silverglades Holiday Homes reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Silverglades Hotel Aviemore
- Silverglades Holiday Homes Aviemore, Scotland